Project X Zone

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Project X Zone

Postby Thoul » Wed Apr 11, '12, 8:17 pm

Sega, Namco Bandai, and Capcom are working on a new 3DS game together. Called "Project X Zone," it is a strategy RPG featuring characters from the three companies.

Capcom is bringing X and Zero from Mega Man to the table, which may please a lot of fans of that series who have felt burned by the company lately. Their other offerings are typical for their crossover games: Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, Devil May Cry, and Resident Evil.

Namco Bandai is including characters from Super Robot Wars, Tekken, Xenosaga, Tales of Vesperia, and .hack. You know they've got to get KOS-MOS in there. No word on Pac-Man yet, but that is probably inevitable.

The Sega characters announced at this point come from Virtual Fighter, Valkyria Chronicles, Shining Force EXA, Sakura Wars, and Space Channel 5. Nothing from Phantasy Star at this point, but we can always hope they decide to dig deep instead of just tapping the post-Dreamcast years again.

Some screens and character artwork are available at andriasang, if you care to have a look at exactly who is included.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Project X Zone

Postby myau56 » Wed Apr 11, '12, 8:59 pm

Nothing Frome Phantasy Star : too bad :( Bud could be a very interesting thing and game !
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Flames of Yagami » Thu Apr 12, '12, 12:20 am

I'm glad Megaman X is finally getting some love, but hopefully this isn't the full roster. Sonic, Pacman, and Phantasy Star (preferably Classic, but anything's fine) need to be represented. This seems to be a sequel of sorts to Namco X Capcom so I have a bad feeling this won't make it overseas, but anything's possible.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Thoul » Thu Apr 12, '12, 1:33 am

Yeah, I really doubt this will be the full roster. Especially with the lack of Sonic. When was the last time Sega had a crossover game without their mascot? Some roster expansions will be coming, I'm sure of that. I think the 3DS is supposed to have or be getting some kind of DLC abilities as well, so I expect to see some additional characters available at an extra cost later also.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lucas » Thu Apr 12, '12, 5:20 am

Very interesting, and yes it’ll probably turn out much like Namco X Capcom on the PS2 but with the added Sega Characters. Even if Phantasy Star characters did get in I can see Sega choosing characters from the Universe series over the classic characters for some reason, also makes me think that Dark Force would make an awesome boss or major villain for a game like this.

and KOS-MOS meets Akuma round 2 sounds good in my book. ;)

It’ll be interesting to see what becomes of this game.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Thoul » Thu Apr 12, '12, 6:07 pm

Your mention of Universe brought something to mind. This game would be a great opportunity for Sega to promote Phantasy Star Online 2 to wider audience. Maybe they'll drop in one of the default character designs from that game.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby myau56 » Thu Apr 12, '12, 6:30 pm

MYAU in the game ! Would have been so great ! But only a dream...
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby tilinelson2 » Fri Apr 13, '12, 3:49 am

They put a character from Valkyria Chronicles III, but they neither localize it, nor let other publisher localize.

That is why I "love" Sega.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby Thoul » Sat Apr 21, '12, 8:53 pm

The first trailer for the game is out now. It doesn't reveal any new information, but does confirm that there will be more characters announced later by placing "and more..." on the company character groups. It has some gameplay footage also.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby myau56 » Sat Apr 21, '12, 10:23 pm

Good gtrailer ! I'll keep an eye on it :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Next

Return to General Gaming