Project X Zone

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: Project X Zone

Postby Lucas » Sun Apr 22, '12, 2:22 am

This game really is interesting, the gameplay seems to act a little more closely to what I’ve seen in Super Robot Taisen: OG Saga Endless Frontier (what a mouthful) on the DS. Nice to see T-elos join KOS-MOS as a partner too. I love my Xenosaga gals. ;)

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Thoul » Wed Apr 25, '12, 12:03 am

Apparently some new characters may be announced later this week. andriasang is reporting that Famitsu might have some new details on the game in the Thursday issue.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Thoul » Wed Apr 25, '12, 6:10 am

Apparently it's out now. andriasang has a list of the new characters, who from God Eater, Darkstalkers, Resonance of Fate and Dead Rising. One of the God Eater characters is named Alisa, which probably kills any hope of Phantasy Star 1 characters making it into this game.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby myau56 » Wed Apr 25, '12, 8:41 am

Alisa ? maybe an hommage but yes no hope to have some PS characters in it : unfortunately.. thanks for the news and links !
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Flames of Yagami » Thu Apr 26, '12, 1:45 am

Having Alisa from God Eater pretty much deconfirms Alisa from Tekken 6 as well, not that it's a problem, I just thought I'd comment on that. As for PS characters, I guess I'm hoping for Nei/Rika or Rolf/Chaz, but I really doubt it'll happen.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Thoul » Thu Apr 26, '12, 10:56 pm

Oh, there's an Alisa in Tekken also? Wow, having three Alisas in one game would be really confusing. I guess Nei would be the first go-to character if Sega includes anyone from the older games. She's the most popular of them in Japan, I think.

There's artwork of the newly announced characters up now at andriasang, if anyone wants to see it. Don't ask me which one is the Alisa they're using, though. I'd never heard of God Eater until yesterday.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Thoul » Wed May 16, '12, 11:42 am

More new characters have been announced. The most well known are Morrigan and Chun-Li, who are pretty much a staple of any crossover Capcom game. The other characters mentioned in this announcement come from Sakura Wars, Mugen Frontier Super Robot Wars, Dynamite Deka and Valkyrie no Bouken. That last one is apparently a Famicom game from 1986, which means old school characters from the Master System or Genesis consoles might not be out of the question after all.

There's also some game play info, here:
http://andriasang.com/con117/project_x_zone_gameplay/
http://andriasang.com/con11b/project_x_zone_monolith/
Those articles give a little explanation as to how this game qualifies as a strategy game when it's been looking more like a fighter so far.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby myau56 » Wed May 16, '12, 9:31 pm

Ah from Sakura Taisen ?? So cool !!
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Thoul » Mon Jul 2, '12, 2:39 pm

A trailer for the game has been released today. This is a very long one, clocking in at over ten minutes. There is a lot of gameplay footage here, showing off many of the characters and special attack animations. Still no sign of any Phantasy Star influences that I can detect, so I think we can probably count this as another crossover game where Sega neglects to promote their RPG franchises.

Even without any PS characters, it looks like it might be a fun game. I'm impressed with the special attack animations that overlay a close up on the screen. For sprite based animations, those are exceptionally detailed. They have a disappointing lack of subtlety when it comes to the women's animations, but technically impressive for sprites nonetheless.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby myau56 » Tue Jul 3, '12, 10:02 pm

Very good one as we can see in this trailer ! Even without any PS influence...going to be good !
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Previous

Return to General Gaming