Ultimate Collection: More Unlockable Games Revealed

Continue the story of Algo in side story, remake, and collection games.

Ultimate Collection: More Unlockable Games Revealed

Postby Thoul » Thu Jan 22, '09, 8:29 pm

More unlockable games on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection have been revealed by screenshots in Sega's press area and by a Sega Europe announcement. We already knew about Phantasy Star, but today more of the list has made it out. This might be of interest for those thinking about getting the collection. The unlockable games so far are:

Alien Syndrome
Altered Beast (Arcade)
Congo Bongo (Tip Top in Europe)
Fantasy Zone
Phantasy Star
Shinobi (Arcade)
Space Harrier
Zaxxon

That just leaves one more.
Here's the Europe announcement: http://www.sega.com/news/?n=2926
Last edited by Thoul on Fri Jan 23, '09, 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Darkil » Thu Jan 22, '09, 8:30 pm

Ooohhh Zaxxon was the first video game I ever played. That whole list makes this more worth while
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Thoul » Thu Jan 22, '09, 10:12 pm

I've edited the first post: Sega Europe revealed the last two unlockables, so the full list is now posted above.

And edited it again: It was brought to my attention that Congo Bongo and Tip Top are the same game. It had a different name in the North America and Europe releases. I think they're going to use the different versions in the collections for the different regions. So, that leaves one more unlockable spot open after all.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lucas » Fri Jan 23, '09, 5:42 am

We get a fare few game renames in PAL countries. Example: Beyond Oasis was changed to The Story of Thor when it was released in Europe and Australia. :blank:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Darkil » Fri Jan 23, '09, 5:55 pm

Well this is barely on topic but I saw this thread also on Gamefaqs and it had me wondering, Thoul, are you Tempest of Shadows on Gamefaqs? Not to reveal any identities but I found this site in the sig of that handle so I've always wondered..
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Postby Thoul » Fri Jan 23, '09, 9:25 pm

Yup, that's me. It's an old handle I rarely use these days because it's so long.

It seems the final unlockable game is Golden Axe Warrior from the Master System. Other than that and Phantasy Star, the unlockables are all supposed to be arcade games.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Darkil » Fri Jan 23, '09, 11:00 pm

Well at least it's a game that seems fun, like Golden Axe, rather than some silly clone of Pong[not that Sega made something like that].

Well I guess I just happened in on the right thread when you "resurrected" your GFqs handle. I'm glad I did because I definitely feel more at home in this community than any other I've been a part of.
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Postby Lucas » Sat Jan 24, '09, 12:01 pm

Thoul wrote:Yup, that's me. It's an old handle I rarely use these days because it's so long.

It seems the final unlockable game is Golden Axe Warrior from the Master System. Other than that and Phantasy Star, the unlockables are all supposed to be arcade games.

I was looking through the PSIII images on Gamefaqs one time and noticed that the name of the submitter was Thoul. It rang a bell Phantasy Star + Thoul = You. But I forgot to ask about it until Dakril reminded me just now. :lol:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Thoul » Sat Jan 24, '09, 5:41 pm

Yeah... weird thing is, my submitter name is Thoul and my message board name is Tempest of Shadows, but it's the same account. Crazy stuff that.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Other Classics