Post Your Comments About The Fanfics

Comment and review the writings of other members.

Postby The $ Avenger » Thu Aug 30, '07, 2:17 am

kaloes wrote:i sorta figured you'd figure it out when he says he was walking down the halls of the newly built castle ><
Yes, you've got all the details are there, certainly. It's just the names that aren't present. There's no reason to confuse the reader at all!"That is why we already declared your sister to be the queen of Landen." and "You will always have a home here in Landen Adan." That's one of those things I heard screamed in my writing classes called continuity errors; like having a character use the phone when a page earlier I wrote that that the utilities were shut off. :misspeak:

Thoul wrote:Thanks. :D That part of the story was the most uncertain to me when writing. It's the first time I ever wrote a combat scene. I had to work at it a bit, but I'm happy with how it turned out.
It was very well done. You did it better than nearly everyone in my upper-level fiction writing courses!

The main reason I'm not planning to continue it is the issue of time. I suppose it's possible I might decide to pick it up again one day, though.
Of course. One must choose their priorities!

I look forward to the rest of these. I'll read them in the next week or so.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Celeith » Thu Aug 30, '07, 11:32 am

hey thoul since your admin here can u do me a favor? my PSIV fanfic i put up, im not satisfied with it, I know I can do better and I want a good one there not that sad attempt, *after reading it i realized it was lol* ,could you possibly delete it off there or is it stuck there for all eternity? or how many of you actually liked it? just curious cuz I think i did a decent job, not to good but more bad.... on a scale of 1-10 i give myself a 4 1/2 on that one >< it was just randomness and boredom kickin in on that one... *points at trenzer*
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Tsunami » Thu Aug 30, '07, 2:12 pm

Kaloes wrote:hey thoul since your admin here can u do me a favor? my PSIV fanfic i put up, im not satisfied with it, I know I can do better and I want a good one there not that sad attempt, *after reading it i realized it was lol* ,could you possibly delete it off there or is it stuck there for all eternity? or how many of you actually liked it? just curious cuz I think i did a decent job, not to good but more bad.... on a scale of 1-10 i give myself a 4 1/2 on that one >< it was just randomness and boredom kickin in on that one... *points at trenzer*

Hey now, it seems that people like your story so far! (judging from the ratings and all, 4 ain't that bad) If I deleted every story I wasn't happy with, they'd all be gone. :lol:

If you really want to delete it, there's an option for that if you go to edit it -- check the "Delete" box and it seems like that would do it.

On a side note, chapters seem to just be a whole new post.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Thu Aug 30, '07, 9:12 pm

I can certainly delete the story if you're not happy with it. Just let me know for sure if you do want it removed. Once it's gone, it would be hard to restore if you change your mind.

Tsunami wrote:If you really want to delete it, there's an option for that if you go to edit it -- check the "Delete" box and it seems like that would do it.

Actually it won't. I have it set up where only I can delete the stories. That delete box shouldn't appear; I guess that is a bug in the software.

Yeah; that's the best way to handle them, at least for now. For stories that have several chapters, I would create a subcategory and put all the related chapters/posts in there.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Thu Aug 30, '07, 10:26 pm

oh.. ok never mind then i hadn't payed attention to the rating of the story, i guess i'll leave it up there for awhile...
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby Tsunami » Fri Aug 31, '07, 3:05 pm

Thoul wrote:Actually it won't. I have it set up where only I can delete the stories. That delete box shouldn't appear; I guess that is a bug in the software.

News to me. o_O Kinda liked the idea that the author could delete their own work.

Yeah; that's the best way to handle them, at least for now. For stories that have several chapters, I would create a subcategory and put all the related chapters/posts in there.

I think the best option would just be to just make a thread in that case, like what Kaloes did with that PSIV story. :)

Kaloes wrote:oh.. ok never mind then i hadn't payed attention to the rating of the story, i guess i'll leave it up there for awhile...

Maybe I'm looking too deep into this, but you don't seem too happy about it. (don't let ratings affect your judgement either...personally, I think my Kara story's pretty good, and yet it holds the lowest rating out of my stories! :lol:) If you're not satisfied with the story, just fix it! :yes:

Nothing's set in stone, y'know?
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Sun Sep 2, '07, 8:50 pm

Tsunami wrote:I think the best option would just be to just make a thread in that case, like what Kaloes did with that PSIV story. :)

That works, but then you get comments interspersed with the story, and some people may only want to read the story and not the comments. Kaloes' thread certainly works well. I'm just thinking some people may want to read the whole story before seeing any one's comments.

I think that ideally, the best way may be to have two threads, one for the story and one for any comments about it. I'm open to other suggestions, though. Right now I'm working on a big upgrade to the forum software. It requires re-creating a lot of sections of the site (most notably the design, downloads, and quizzes), so it is taking a while.

Kaloes wrote:oh.. ok never mind then i hadn't payed attention to the rating of the story, i guess i'll leave it up there for awhile...

It's up to you; if you want the story removed because you're not happy with it, then I don't have a problem with taking it down.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Mon Sep 3, '07, 12:35 am

Thoul wrote:It's up to you; if you want the story removed because you're not happy with it, then I don't have a problem with taking it down.
Yes, definitely, kaloes. If you're not happy with the work, that's all that matters. Always stick with your opinion; it's your creation, and no one else's. Don't go by polls, look where that got Richard Nixon! :lol:

That said, I've enjoyed your PSIV story!
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Celeith » Sat Sep 8, '07, 5:31 am

poor betrayal :cry: that thing aint goin no higher than 3.00 lol, oh well, i havent been in the writing mood lately so i havent come by the boards lately. I'm amazed that my others are holding a 4.00-4.50, considering how my writing skills are novice...
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby The $ Avenger » Sun Sep 9, '07, 2:32 am

I've been in the PSII rom for the last few days, so I haven't got to the newer fan fics. I'll post here when I have.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

PreviousNext

Return to Reviews