Possible PS Series Anime Episode Listing

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Re: Possible PS Series Anime Episode Listing

Postby Tanith » Mon Jul 19, '10, 11:39 pm

xrick wrote:In no way you can say the way I'm dividing the stories is unbased, as I'm making an effort to make this right at minimum.
"Minimum"? Do you want this to be a good anime series or one that suffers the rush jobs that so many animes get? I've played through PSII more times than I can count on both hands. You can't condense the game to 11 episodes.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby xrick » Mon Jul 19, '10, 11:52 pm

First, this is just a fan-stuff, it's not an official thing.
Second, I can't really come to understand how you guys see this...
I'm sorry but that's how I feel...

Anyway, the list is not definitive. If you can give me some specific reasons for me to expand it more than 12 episodes, and some ideas for titles, I may finally come to understand you.
Gathering people interested in voicing their wish of seeing the PSTrilogy completed, namely PS4Remake done, and localised outside Japan, check here please: Phantasy Star Generation Trilogy Misc Stuff
Let's all join together on this cause, please!
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 22

Postby Tanith » Mon Jul 19, '10, 11:56 pm

xrick wrote:Anyway, the list is not definitive. If you can give me some specific reasons for me to expand it more than 12 episodes, and some ideas for titles, I may finally come to understand you.
I already replied to you with suggestions at the other site. You even used some of my episode titles here, so just check out that thread over there.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby xrick » Mon Jul 19, '10, 11:59 pm

I did check, and thanks for the titles, they did help me, but it's not enough.
To me, an episode per character/town/dungeon doesn't connect...
Gathering people interested in voicing their wish of seeing the PSTrilogy completed, namely PS4Remake done, and localised outside Japan, check here please: Phantasy Star Generation Trilogy Misc Stuff
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Rune_Walsh » Tue Jul 20, '10, 12:03 am

Well, think of how many episodes that are in Bleach. The storyline gets dragged out waaaaaay too long, and then there's the fillers... it wastes time.

Though, I do think that a Phantasy Star series anime would have to be quite lengthy. There's just a lot to include, and the little things need to be included to appease the phans.

*Shrug* Then again, Peter Jackson cut out a LOT in his LOTR and it was still well done...

Okay, I'm starting to sound like a mega nerd now so I'll zip it at this point. :lol:
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby xrick » Tue Jul 20, '10, 12:13 am

Bleach is not a good example, as it comes from an ongoing long-running manga series.
Those stories drag on because the anime is most of the time close to the manga material, fillers are also to let the manga move on...

For that alot of stuff, like with PS4, extra DVD OVAs could be useful as appendix compendium.
Believe me, they would never do a thing better than the way I'm doing it... I guess... I don't know...
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Thoul » Tue Jul 20, '10, 2:15 am

Some folks just have different opinions. This is all opinion, so there is no single correct or incorrect approach to take with this stuff.

Personally, when you're introducing major new characters as you go along, I like to see each one get a dedicated episode for character development. Instead of having OVAs or extras, I'd prefer everything to be in the main series. This is just how I like things, not how I'd expect Sega to do it. I would expect them to condense a lot of things. There's little chance, IMO, that an anime would have Rolf going through all four dams or looking in several places for Nei weapons. I wouldn't mind that change at all, but if someone else would, then that's okay too.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tanith » Tue Jul 20, '10, 2:42 am

Thoul wrote:There's little chance, IMO, that an anime would have Rolf going through all four dams or looking in several places for Nei weapons.
I agree with the dams, actually. In the fic I'm writing about the dams, the party breaks into smaller groups and visits them at the same time, keeping in contact through communication devices. They also don't encounter many robots while there (except the Army Eyes), since the Commander is helping them with alternate identities. There are a lot of game-type devices that just don't work from a non-game angle, and the dams would be too similar to do individually, in my opinion.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby xrick » Tue Jul 20, '10, 6:55 pm

You see?
In an anime point of view, many of the things we may do in the games to advance in the story might not happen or happen in a more fast-paced way, as normally those kind of things are more set aside and dispensable on a non-game adaptation of a story.

That's how I'm thinking when doing the episode listings.
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

Previous

Return to Classic Series