I lost my best friend

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

I lost my best friend

Postby Prince Noah » Fri Mar 8, '13, 6:17 am

His name was Snoopy. Pure-bred Golden Retriever. He lived to be 14.5 years. Just a few hours ago, we had to make the horrible decision to put him down.

For fourteen years, he made me happy when nobody cared. He had gotten Sepsis. :(
Prince Noah
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 21

Re: I lost my best friend

Postby Prince Rhys 83 » Fri Mar 8, '13, 6:58 am

Yeah, my dog Boo died over a year ago too, the day after Christmas. She was only 10. We didn't know what she had. She was really weak and wouldn't eat or drink much and bled a lot. The first time it happened she got over it, so we thought she'd get over the second time too. We're thinking she just had her period again and couldn't handle it. Maybe if she was fixed she'd have lived longer...
Prince Rhys 83
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 27

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Mar 8, '13, 11:10 pm

14 years is a pretty good lifespan for a dog, especially a pure breed. It's never an easy decision to put your pet down, but sometimes, the alternative is just letting the animal suffer.

Wish you the best in this difficult time, Noah.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby jessie » Fri Mar 8, '13, 11:12 pm

Sorry to hear that Prince Noah. It is never a good time to let a friend go like that.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
ImageImage
ImageImage
jessie
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 39

Postby Thoul » Sat Mar 9, '13, 6:45 am

You have my sympathies on your loss. Losing a pet you've grown so close to is always a difficult time.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Bragatyr » Sat Mar 9, '13, 11:57 pm

I'm very sorry to hear this, Prince Noah. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet. As Wolf Bird said, though, I'm glad to see that he had a good, long, happy life.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby myau56 » Sun Mar 10, '13, 11:05 am

Veryn very sad to hear this, Prince Noah :( Always hard to lost all the people and animals that we have loved so much before... :( :grouphug:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Mar 11, '13, 1:47 am

Prince Noah, you have my deepest sympathies on the loss of your friend. From looking at the picture you posted, Snoopy was beautiful and I can see in the eyes that she was a very loving and caring soul also. My heart breaks for you having to suffer a loss like this.

I speak from the experience of having lost my best friend...my lovely Cat..almost two years ago. The pain and loss of her death is still with me each day although I know that she would not want me to be sad or hurting because she always tried to cheer me up when I was sad and so I honor her by trying not to be sad and carrying on.

Also, It may take a little while before you are ready but I would strongly suggest in thinking about getting another pet someday. A new pet will not take the place of a lost one but there are so many animals with so much love to give that do not have a home and best friend and that need someone to love them back so desperately.

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time.
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to Casual Conversation