Please check out my PS II cover song!

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Re: Please check out my PS II cover song!

Postby Apprentice_of_Crys » Sun Apr 15, '12, 9:39 pm

Amazing work. Thank you for working on these three songs. I like your version of "Violation" very much. Its close to the oringinal and even a bit darker.
"Shrine" is great, too. Although I would prefer it a bit more meneacing and less gloomy (as far as I can judge it the game's version was more aggressive). Yet your interpretation is very good. I get more the feeling like investigating a mystery when I listen to your version.
"Excite Town" convinced me totally :) The original version appears to be very joyful and happy. Almost too happy for a town in a cold icy wasteland. I think your version fits even better.
Once again, awesome work. Thank you very much for your efforts! Keep it up! :up:
Apprentice_of_Crys
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 62

Postby myau56 » Tue Apr 17, '12, 10:08 pm

Excellent work ! Keep up the good work !:)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Bragatyr » Mon Apr 23, '12, 12:39 am

Thank you both very much for the nice comments. I'm sorry I took so long to respond. I normally watch these topics like a hawk.

Apprentice_of_Crys, I totally agree with you about the Shrine cover. I was shooting for a darker, more menacing sound, too, but somehow I wasn't able to capture it. I had trouble figuring out exactly what was going on in the song, for one thing. I did have a sort of eerie bass vocal part very low in the mix, but it was so low that it screwed up the audio, or something, so I had to more or less edit it out. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing with mixing, and that sort of thing, which can be troublesome sometimes.

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on these songs. And thanks for making my day again!
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby myau56 » Mon Apr 23, '12, 8:32 am

And thanks for the comment about your "creations" :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Apprentice_of_Crys » Wed May 9, '12, 8:03 pm

@Bragatyr: You're welcome. How long did it take you to record the remixes?
Looking forward to hear your next work ;)
Last edited by Apprentice_of_Crys on Wed May 9, '12, 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apprentice_of_Crys
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 62

Postby Bragatyr » Fri May 11, '12, 6:06 pm

As far as I can remember, I recorded most of them in a few hours. Then I would usually take a day or two fooling around and trying to get it mixed right. Of course, it takes a while just to figure out the songs themselves, in the beginning. There are a lot of songs I'd like to do which are too hard for me to figure out fully.

I haven't been doing the music thing lately, but my friend and I are working on a remix of the cabin theme from the NES Friday the 13th that I need to get back to. I'm still thinking about doing some Phantasy Star III music, too.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby myau56 » Fri May 11, '12, 9:23 pm

Phantasy Star III ? Great ! :) Good luck for all, even for your future friday the 13th work !!
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Previous

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More