PlayStation Vita

Examine the concepts and building blocks of games and systems with us.

Re: PlayStation Vita

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Feb 17, '12, 3:35 pm

No plans to get it here. I'm not a big handheld gamer. Plus all gaming energy right now is directed at my PS3.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Flames of Yagami » Tue Feb 21, '12, 2:18 am

I'd really like to get one, just the thought of playing UMvC3 and Street Fighter X Tekken on the go sounds to awesome to pass up, but I ended up buying a 3DS with Mario Kart 7 during Christmas instead of saving for a Vita, so I'm out of luck.

EDIT: Just found out the Vita version of SFxT was delayed until Fall so I might wait on getting this.
Last edited by Flames of Yagami on Wed Feb 22, '12, 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby myau56 » Tue Feb 21, '12, 9:30 am

Maybe one day I'll buy the two handled devices (as a big fan of it !!) : 3DS when a new model will be out (sure It'll happen sooner or later !!) and maybe The Vita in 2 years.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Feb 22, '12, 5:34 am

Earlier today I was in EB Games and I ended up seeing the Vita on display and you could play with it. So from the five to ten minutes I played (Mod Nation Racers, Uncharted) here's my review in no particular order. It might be a bit messy too. Oh well.

So to start, I really liked the design, it was nice. I could easily reach all the buttons and it felt natural. Though the Vita itself is rather large, someone with smaller hands might have troubles using it. Looking at the design, I noticed two camera, dual analog sticks, a D-Pad, two triggers on top, the back sensor, and some other stuff that I didn't pay attention too.

The Dual analog sticks is something that really adds something that the PSP was lacking. They even moved a lot easier than the PSP and pushing the buttons weren't stiff at all. When I used it in game, they responded fairly accurately and it felt natural to use them. The screen was big and displayed amazing graphics, the images were a huge improvement over the previous PSPs and it is by far the best out of any handhelds I played with.

I was going to add something else, but I forget what I was going to type... haha guess I need some sleep.

but the moral of this disorganized review is... I want one, though I might wait a couple months before I get one.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby myau56 » Wed Feb 22, '12, 10:43 pm

Thanks for the review, Atlin. i need to try this Vita to make an opinion, but I'll wait months or years, to have a better choice of games (and like Wing Eye, an Ys to play ;)).
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Feb 29, '12, 4:32 am

Good review, Atlin. :)

And, it looks like a lot of other people wanted one of the Vita's also as they appear to be doing quite well as far as sales go:

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in ... 43978.html

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Wed Feb 29, '12, 8:21 am

Yes, good results, even with this expensive price.
And Sony made an interesting precision ! : "actual sell-through to consumers rather than just how many units it had shipped to stores (a commonly used practice which sometimes makes sales appear stronger than they really are)."

It changes from the old "Sony way" ! (yep, I'm not really a Sony fan at all and think I'll never be, even if I possess a PSP which is very good !)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby tilinelson2 » Thu Mar 1, '12, 1:17 am

I'm a bit surprised that the PS Vita is doing well so early, but I'm not surprised that the west had a better reception than Japan, since the launch titles seem to be more appealing to the western audiences.

As for me, I'm still waiting for good titles (for me) before considering buying one.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby myau56 » Thu Mar 1, '12, 12:54 pm

Same as Tilinelson, and same for the 3DS (even if I tried Resident Evil : excellent !) : we are waiting for the good games !:)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby tilinelson2 » Sat Apr 21, '12, 3:04 am

I've already bought a PS Vita, and no "OMG, I need this game!" games were released yet.

See, my words are worthy nothing. :p
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

PreviousNext

Return to Tech and Design