Playstation 5

Examine the concepts and building blocks of games and systems with us.

Re: Playstation 5

Postby Darkil » Thu May 20, '21, 12:23 pm

Silver_Surfer1 wrote:New Controllers are out for the new PS 5 Game System. The new controllers are in the colors of " Midnight Black" and "Cosmic Red". These controllers are a bit pricey, each around $70.00.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/sho ... ailsignout

Personally, I don't know why they are introducing new controllers for people to buy when many people still can not even find a PS 5 Game System to buy yet!!!! Our family has been trying to get one of the new PS 5 game systems for months and no luck yet. I think they need to make the Game System more and readily available for people to buy. JMHO!

That's an excellent question SS. Obviously they're still making money from the original purchases made by bots, scalpers, etc, so they're not seeing the bigger problem yet. However, I think there was the idea to release new controllers shortly after the console itself to begin with so I imagine they're just going through with that plan.

It's also an issue of chips. I believe there is still a chip shortage out there because of the pandemic so they're slower to roll out consoles than in years past, so what little stock gets made and released is snatched up so it feels like what Nintendo will do to create that need to buy something since it's "limited."

However, these statements are just my two cents.
Last edited by Darkil on Fri May 28, '21, 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby myau56 » Thu May 20, '21, 1:23 pm

Darkil wrote:
myau56 wrote:
Darkil wrote:
I totally respect that. I was never one to just buy a new console for the sake of it, but after seeing Legacy of Kain on the PS1 at the time I was hooked. However, I wait for that game that I absolutely MUST play before I get anything.

In fact, to tell the truth, it's the same for the different Xboxes ! From now many years, I haven't played at all on a console put on a TV ! Switch is gonna be the only exception as my girlfriend want to be able to play with me (at video games !! :rofl: ) so...:)
I'm only on handheld devices and that's a choice !

Makes sense. I love my Switch, but the issue with owning multiple consoles comes with the different games available. Couple that with the fact I've put myself in the "MMO hole" I tend to try and stick with one console as much as possible. If I had someone interested in playing together on the Switch, well that would obviously change my direction :laugh_lucca:

What are your thoughts on the Switch Pro / Switch 2?

We are goint to buy a swich soon ! As it's the same : my girlfriend wants to play with me (or me playing with her !! ;)).
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri May 21, '21, 10:20 pm

Darkil wrote:
Silver_Surfer1 wrote:
That's an excellent question SS. Obviously they're still making money from the original purchases made by bots, scalpers, etc, so they're not seeing the bigger problem yet. However, I think there was the idea to release new controllers shortly after the console itself to begin with so I imagine they're just going through with that plan.

It's also an issue of chips. I believe there is still a chip shortage out there because of the pandemic so they're slower to roll out consoles than in years past, so what little stock gets made and released it snatched up so it feels like what Nintendo will do to create that need to buy something since it's "limited."

However, these statements are just my two cents.

Excellent points Darkil, and you are probably right. I was talking with someone the other day and told them about the new controllers but the lack of systems available. They wondered why the new controllers but no new systems also. Their theory was that perhaps the new controllers help more people to play games together on the systems already available. I don't know. I just hope they get more consoles out asap. We are still waiting for one.
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri May 28, '21, 3:30 am

See as how a new gameplay trailer dropped today for Horizon Forbidden West, really hoping the stock shortages get solved soon. I'm going to want to play that game.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Darkil » Fri May 28, '21, 12:08 pm

Wolf Bird wrote:See as how a new gameplay trailer dropped today for Horizon Forbidden West, really hoping the stock shortages get solved soon. I'm going to want to play that game.

You and me both WB. My god I absolutely adore Horizon Zero Dawn and eagerly anticipate, and perhaps salivate, at the chance to play the sequel. The gameplay is amazing and Aloy is a great character!
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri May 28, '21, 9:34 pm

I've been enjoying a 3rd play through on PC, game really shines there with 6- FPS. Hoping the sequel does get a PC port too sometime after PS5 release!
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Aug 30, '21, 2:02 pm

Despite all the issues with shortages (it does come down to the shortage of chips and other parts, which means manufacturing cannot keep up with demand - it's not necessarily Sony's fault, and scalpers don't help) I somehow won Sony's random lottery I entered ages ago to order one direct from them, and was recently able to do just that. Definitely feel extremely lucky with that. It's a good console.

The random lottery right now does feel like the fairest way to get consoles out there. Unfortunately, Sony cannot control external retailers, and it's through them that it's relatively easy for people to scoop up several or even have bots do it for them. When I went through Sony's order system, it was invitation only via email, the link would only work for the assigned PSN account which had to be active and in good standing, and there were numerous rules such as "1 per customer" and other things to stop/limit scalpers. It really does seem the fairest way to help ensure the people who want one get one, and it seems Sony does want to help people get them. Just with factors completely outside their control, there's only so much they can do to get the limited supply out to consumers.

I think were the whole thing in Sony's control, it'd be pretty easy to get a PS5 by now. As for the controllers, it's easier to get controllers out there because they don't contain as many parts that there are shortages of, so it's easier to make them and get them to market. Plus for people who do have the PS5, most of them will probably want at least one more controller, for both two player games and also so there's a spare hanging around.

Wolf Bird

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Oct 3, '21, 8:20 pm

Sony now has game trials for the PS 5, but only in limited area and limited games, as of now.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/esport ... ailsignout

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Dec 8, '21, 7:18 pm

If you are very, very, lucky you may be able to find a PS5 online today or at some stores:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/sho ... li=BBnbfcL

Silver_Surfer1

Postby myau56 » Thu Dec 9, '21, 1:31 pm

Silver_Surfer1 wrote:If you are very, very, lucky you may be able to find a PS5 online today or at some stores:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/sho ... li=BBnbfcL

Good luck to everyone who wants one ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

PreviousNext

Return to Tech and Design