Playstation 5

Examine the concepts and building blocks of games and systems with us.

Re: Playstation 5

Postby myau56 » Wed Dec 16, '20, 3:20 pm

I will never buy a PS5, that is for sure ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Apr 15, '21, 11:13 pm

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Darkil » Fri Apr 16, '21, 12:46 pm

I know I will eventually pick up a PS5 as there are some exclusives that I enjoy. For example, I'm really looking forward to Horizon Zero Dawn 2, the new God of War game that will come out as well as a slew of RPG's that are only on Playstation. However, with all the shenanigans going on with trying to grab one before scalpers get it, which I also dealt with before I snagged an Xbox Series X, I am in no rush to get it anytime soon.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby myau56 » Sat Apr 17, '21, 12:37 pm

I will never have a PS5 ! ;)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Darkil » Sat Apr 17, '21, 7:16 pm

myau, are you not a fan of Playstation or are you saying this in relation to the difficulty a lot of folks have in acquiring one? :)
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Postby myau56 » Thu Apr 22, '21, 4:47 pm

Darkil wrote:myau, are you not a fan of Playstation or are you saying this in relation to the difficulty a lot of folks have in acquiring one? :)

Nice question ! I've never been a Playstation fan (even if i owned a PS1 and PS2 but later after their respective launch :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Darkil » Thu Apr 22, '21, 6:01 pm

myau56 wrote:
Darkil wrote:myau, are you not a fan of Playstation or are you saying this in relation to the difficulty a lot of folks have in acquiring one? :)

Nice question ! I've never been a Playstation fan (even if i owned a PS1 and PS2 but later after their respective launch :)

I totally respect that. I was never one to just buy a new console for the sake of it, but after seeing Legacy of Kain on the PS1 at the time I was hooked. However, I wait for that game that I absolutely MUST play before I get anything.
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Postby myau56 » Fri Apr 23, '21, 4:15 pm

Darkil wrote:
myau56 wrote:

I totally respect that. I was never one to just buy a new console for the sake of it, but after seeing Legacy of Kain on the PS1 at the time I was hooked. However, I wait for that game that I absolutely MUST play before I get anything.

In fact, to tell the truth, it's the same for the different Xboxes ! From now many years, I haven't played at all on a console put on a TV ! Switch is gonna be the only exception as my girlfriend want to be able to play with me (at video games !! :rofl: ) so...:)
I'm only on handheld devices and that's a choice !
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Darkil » Tue Apr 27, '21, 2:48 pm

myau56 wrote:
Darkil wrote:
myau56 wrote:Nice question ! I've never been a Playstation fan (even if i owned a PS1 and PS2 but later after their respective launch :)

In fact, to tell the truth, it's the same for the different Xboxes ! From now many years, I haven't played at all on a console put on a TV ! Switch is gonna be the only exception as my girlfriend want to be able to play with me (at video games !! :rofl: ) so...:)
I'm only on handheld devices and that's a choice !

Makes sense. I love my Switch, but the issue with owning multiple consoles comes with the different games available. Couple that with the fact I've put myself in the "MMO hole" I tend to try and stick with one console as much as possible. If I had someone interested in playing together on the Switch, well that would obviously change my direction :laugh_lucca:

What are your thoughts on the Switch Pro / Switch 2?
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed May 19, '21, 10:58 pm

New Controllers are out for the new PS 5 Game System. The new controllers are in the colors of " Midnight Black" and "Cosmic Red". These controllers are a bit pricey, each around $70.00.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/sho ... ailsignout

Personally, I don't know why they are introducing new controllers for people to buy when many people still can not even find a PS 5 Game System to buy yet!!!! Our family has been trying to get one of the new PS 5 game systems for months and no luck yet. I think they need to make the Game System more and readily available for people to buy. JMHO!

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

PreviousNext

Return to Tech and Design