Plants vs Zombies

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

Plants vs Zombies

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Aug 23, '10, 11:05 pm

A version of "Plants Vs Zombies" will be out for the Nintendo DS sometime early next year in 2011.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... titialskip

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Plants vs Zombies

Postby Thoul » Sun Aug 29, '10, 2:53 am

All I can say is, that's a pretty strange concept for a game.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Aug 29, '10, 3:35 am

Thoul wrote:All I can say is, that's a pretty strange concept for a game.

Yeah, isn't it though? These days it seems the stranger the better, lol. Honestly, Zombies must be the " in " thing these days. I have seen so many stories about and references to Zombies over the last few days, it is really eerie. :yikes:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Sun Aug 29, '10, 3:37 am

Yes, zombies and other undead have become one of the most popular kinds of horror monsters in the past few years. Even comic books have gotten in on it, with several titles devoted zombie apocalypse scenarios or zombie versions of super heroes wandering around.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby MrKite » Sun Aug 29, '10, 6:55 pm

I never heard of it before.

Zombies must be the " in " thing these days. I have seen so many stories about and references to Zombies over the last few days, it is really eerie.

Sort of like how vampires are the "in" thing with movies and TV shows. And I'm really freakin' tired of all those movies and TV shows about vampires. Wouldn't say I'm sick of zombies (yet) though.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Aug 29, '11, 5:33 pm

Well, wouldn't you know it, I thought at the time I first posted this topic that this was a "silly" game. I might have to eat my words on that. :oops:

I first took a shot at playing the free online version of this game, and I was HOOKED!!

So much so, that a very nice family member got me a copy of the game. Since then, I've been playing this game almost every day, and sometimes every night too, lol. Yeah, I told ya I was hooked. :wink:

I've already beat the game twice, except for vasebreaker endless, but I'm working on that one.

Also, I'm still working on Survival endless. I'm up to about a stage 23 or so on that one, I think.

I've been reading some helpful hints and other strategies that various people have posted online though so hope to increase my playing on that stage.

So, I was wondering, if anyone here has played this game, and if so, do you have any helpful hints or other ideas to share regarding "Plants and Zombies"?

Silver_Surfer1

Return to In the News