Medicines found in fish

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

Medicines found in fish

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Mar 25, '09, 9:02 pm

:yuck: This sounds gross, and I wonder if it could make anyone sick if they eat any of this "contaminated" fish? Even if they say it will take an extreme amount to make anyone sick, you never can tell! And, it does make you think about the water and drinking it too. :ziplip:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29877241
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Mar 25, '09, 9:30 pm

This is really old news to me. Attending college near the shore of Lake Erie...yeah. Fish contamination is hardly new and mercury levels are very high in fish in Lake Erie. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I don't think fish caught in Lake Erie are safe for consumption. Aquatic life gets this stuff so easily because industries dump so much pollution in rivers and streams, and it goes through the food chain easily and quickly.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lemina » Wed Mar 25, '09, 9:53 pm

My sister, Schala on this site is actually studying some environmental issues, so she learned all about this sort of thing. The little creatures eat a poison; the big creatures eat those little guys and then get poisoned in turn, etc. She's also learning about how a lot of people flush their medicines down the toilet, contaminating the public water supply. Kinda scary.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Return to Delectable Delicacies