Priceline / Shatner celebrate 10 years

There's lots to talk about on the smaller screen.

Priceline / Shatner celebrate 10 years

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Jan 3, '08, 5:50 pm

Priceline and actor William Shatner (Star Trek's Capt. James T. Kirk) are celebrating ten (10) years together. These commercials are some of the most famous, most funny, and looks like most productive commercials around.

Hard to believe it's been ten years since it all began. I still remember being a bit skeptical and shocked that Shatner would do a commercial for a relatively unknown company, but that company is certainly very, very well known after all these years. And, it seems to be a very good decision and move on Shatner's part to do this as he has become even more popular, loved, and well-known because of them.

Anyone have a favorite priceline/Shatner commercial? I like the ones with Shatner and actor Leonard Nimoy (Star Trek's SPOCK) as they are really funny. But then, they are all pretty humorous and memorable to boot. Who knew that Capt. Kirk had such a wild sense of humor, lol.
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Jan 3, '08, 10:36 pm

lol, never heard of 'em. XDDDD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Jan 4, '08, 3:23 am

Sparky, you've never heard of Star Trek and Capt. Kirk?????? Shocker! :o
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Fri Jan 4, '08, 4:00 am

Ten years, really? Wow, it doesn't seem like they've been going that long. The time certainly does fly by, doesn't it? I don't remember many of the commercials, but I'd have to say they certainly increased the awareness of the company. I'd not know who they are either, igf they hadn't started using Shatner to advertise.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Jan 4, '08, 11:05 pm

Star trek, yeak, the rest of what you said I had no clue. XD and Star trek could never hold my attention, I think I saw a really old episode recently, cuz the acting was rather poor.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Return to Tubular Television