Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pioneers Of Television
PostPosted: Wed Jan 2, '08, 2:35 am 
If anyone here is interested in classic (oldie) TV shows, then you might enjoy a special program being shown on the PBS (Public Broadcasting Station) called "Pioneers Of Television". It will be showcasing stars such as Lucille Ball, Jackie Gleason, Red Skeleton, Andy Griffith, and others who were indeed the "pioneers" in television and the TV shows they helped to become hit shows, etc., such as "I Love Lucy", "The Honeymooners", "The Andy Griffith Show", and others.

I think in some areas this is being shown on January 2, but you might better check your local listings for dates and times. It is a four part special, I think.

Here's a link to read more:

http://www.pbs.org/pioneersoftelevision/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 3, '08, 5:41 pm 
I saw the first part of this show last night. Anyone else see it. It was a good show and talked mostly about sitcoms such as "I Love Lucy", "Dick Van * Show", Andy Griffith show, and Jackie Gleason's "The Honeymooners" show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 3, '08, 10:37 pm 
Oh that? I was overhearing it the other night I'm pretty sure.....lol I mean last night. XD I stopped at it for a short bit, but got more interested in learning about technological advances in the Netherlands.

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]