Phantasy Star on sell : a "cheap" one !

Quest for justice and vengeance with the beginning of the saga.

Phantasy Star on sell : a "cheap" one !

Postby myau56 » Sun Jan 19, '14, 7:01 pm

Take a look at this : I've just found it on eBay ! It's not very expensive, isn't it ? :rofl:

The price is amazing ! Maybe the cartridge is from gold, are diamonds are put Inside ?
Anyway, who will buy a game at this price !! I know that I love Phantasy Stars but here...

PS : Hope it's the right place to put this topic ! I was hesitating between here and general gaming, but as it's about Phantasy Star...)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Re: Phantasy Star on sell : a "cheap" one !

Postby Hukos » Sun Jan 19, '14, 7:34 pm

You could buy Dragon Force on the Saturn for that price.
I feel the way you would
Hukos
Android
Android

Achievements: 41

Postby S4Blade » Sun Jan 19, '14, 8:50 pm

No thanks, the guy can keep it.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby myau56 » Sun Jan 19, '14, 9:50 pm

Hukos wrote:You could buy Dragon Force on the Saturn for that price.

Dragon Force can be sold at this amazing price ?? :o I didn't know about it ! I have one to sell : is someone interested ? :lol:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby jessie » Mon Jan 20, '14, 2:05 am

I'll take two!

Really would you buy a sealed game and NOT open it! I want to play the games not look at them!
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
ImageImage
ImageImage
jessie
Sage
Sage

Postby myau56 » Mon Jan 20, '14, 2:10 am

jessie wrote:I'll take two!

Really would you buy a sealed game and NOT open it! I want to play the games not look at them!

You'll surely laugh at it but...a friend of mine is collectionning games (especially on Saturn) and have a lot of games that are...sealed ! This is just for the collection ! But I agree with you, even if I have some games in my collection, I want to be able to use them :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby S4Blade » Mon Jan 20, '14, 1:19 pm

I used be a big collector of rare games, mostly sealed. At times I would spend thousands of dollars per month on rare sealed games. I have since corrected my ways and I am no longer doing it.

There are several reasons that doing this is dumb.

1. I found myself buying two copies of games because I would buy one and keep one sealed <---dumb

2. I spent tons of money on the games and I got little of it back <------ dumb

3. Special edition and collectors edition games are very bulky <--- pain in the butt to store

4. People are asking for ridiculous prices on old sealed games and if you want them, you have to pay it <------ dumb

Here is an example: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... 242&sr=1-1

Yeah $1300 for a new copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga, yeah, okay.

5. Space <----- becomes a HUGE problem. When amassing all of these games (which you cannot play unless you buy 2 copies) they need to be stored somewhere, and while I do live alone and I have tons of closet space in my house, it got to the point where I just had crap everywhere. It was cool to go onto forums and say that I had "X" game sealed, but that was pretty much the only benefit, and it grows old.

To sum up. Collecting games = dumb. Buying games to play them = much more satisfying and is less expensive. I've been through this. I'm not just making this stuff up. :bang:

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Jan 20, '14, 1:26 pm

Vistablade, I think that can apply to collecting just about anything that's sealed. Somehow, it seems keeping it sealed really only makes sense if you plan to sell it at a higher price at a later date, because someone will buy it. Otherwise, all the things you mentioned just make it seem incredibly pointless. But that said, some people find it enjoyable. If you're looking back at your past self, don't beat yourself up too badly here. You enjoyed it at the time and no longer do.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Mon Jan 20, '14, 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby S4Blade » Mon Jan 20, '14, 10:40 pm

I hear you Wolf Bird. I just wish I had all the money back that I wasted, so I could put it towards my mortgage.

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Postby myau56 » Tue Jan 21, '14, 12:37 pm

If some people find their joy in buying sealed ones and keep them (and not selling them like Wolf Bird talkes about) : it's cool for them ! I'll never do this but I respect those who do that :)
VISTABLADE : yes you have change your mind and that is great for you but, unfortunately.. too late !
And thanks for the link for this Panzer Dragoon Saga ! It's totaly crazy !! :o I still have the game but not sealed .. But I'm not sure that this game will sells at this price...
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Next

Return to Phantasy Star