New Years in Algo

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

New Years in Algo

Postby Thoul » Sat Dec 29, '07, 3:42 am

How do you think the beginning of a new year would be celebrated by the people in Algo? Would each race consider the new year to begin at a different time? In real life, the Chinese New Year begins on a day other than January 1st; maybe the Dezo New Year also starts on a different day that the Palman New Year?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Dec 29, '07, 6:19 am

Well also, they have different distances from the sun so they would have different lengths too, like, Motavia was close? so it would be shorter etc.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Chris8282 » Sat Dec 29, '07, 3:23 pm

Indeed. But I can't imagine them all flocking to one area (atleast on Motavia, Dezolis during PS4, or really in any game) to celebrate... I wonder if after Dark Force being defeated and they worry about the next 1000 years. They probably HAAAATE New Years.
Chris8282
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 6

Postby Thoul » Sun Dec 30, '07, 12:17 pm

Based on the ending in PSIV, they seem to have a bright outlook for the next millennium, expecting it to be free of the problems Dark Force brought.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Classic Series