Phantasy Star - How long and How Many?

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Phantasy Star - How long and How Many?

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Dec 21, '07, 7:18 am

In honor of Phantasy Star's 20th Birthday Anniversary, here's a question and topic for discussion.

Q.When did you first become aware of the Phantasy Star games? What was it that attracted you to this particular game(s), and how many Phantasy Star games have you played?
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Chris8282 » Fri Dec 21, '07, 5:18 pm

The first PS game I played was IV. My brother whom was 12 years older than me (I was 4 or 5) apparently was up on the great games, so he owned PS2 and then bought PS4 when it first came out. After he beat it, he gave it to me. It was my first RPG, and I've been a huge RPG fan since. Although I was 5 or 6, I beat this game, I'll admit I powerleveled but still not bad for a kid just starting elementary.

Speaking of which, it's funny that I first started elementary when I first got PS4, but now that I'm graduating High School (my last day of High School was yesterday) I decided to do a playthrough of all the games in order, then do the sidequests. I'm currently on PS4 (Purgatory Mod, and regular)

Since then I've played PS4 countless times, PS1 1 1/2, PS2 3 times, and PS3 1 time.

This is my favorite series :)
Chris8282
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 6

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Dec 21, '07, 5:58 pm

I forget when XD I was too young to remember.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Fri Dec 21, '07, 9:24 pm

I was browsing through the Sega section of a rental store, looking for a new game to play. I spotted the PSIII box. It looked interesting, with Siren on the cover fighting whoever. I rented it and enjoyed it. Later on, I rented PSIV as well. That decided me on buying the games later on.

Congratulations on your graduation, Chris8282! :up:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Chris8282 » Sat Dec 22, '07, 4:38 am

Oh, thank you Thoul. And I'd also like to congratulate myself on finding a great, active Phantasy Star community. Just what I need for my never-satisfied Phantasy Star craze.
Chris8282
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 6

Postby Xellos » Thu Dec 27, '07, 3:45 pm

my favorite is ps4, cause that game has everithing great

"If I tell you that, my chief Shabranigudu will kill me, hehe"
Xellos
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 11

Return to Classic Series