Participation Guidelines Updated

Site and forum news announced on the front page.

Participation Guidelines Updated

Postby Thoul » Fri Jun 15, '07, 2:59 am

The Participation Guidelines have been updated. The purpose of this update is to clarify policies regarding emulation and fan fiction. No policies have changed; I just felt it was a good time to make them more clear.

The short version is: emulation discussion is allowed, except ROM requests, and the message content restrictions are a little more lax on fan fiction to allow creative freedom in stories.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Fri Jun 15, '07, 7:03 am

Content restrictions are more lenient for Fan Fiction. Stories may include abusive, slanderous, hateful, threatening or violent material for interaction between characters. Such material may not be permitted for the purpose of We ask that you do not post material that is obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, otherwise inappropriate, or that may violate any applicable laws.

May wanna fix up that sentence, there. Thought I'd point it out.

Overall, it looks good. The rules for the fanfiction's suiting and others who wish to submit their stories now have guidelines to follow. :mrgreen:

Speaking of which, I may submit something else...if it can meet those terms, that is. :lol: On a more serious note, I just hope that someone enjoys what I write, y'know? May sound kinda weird to say this, but I put my heart into most things I do, hobbies included.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Fri Jun 15, '07, 1:17 pm

Thanks for pointing out that error. :oops: It's fixed now, and I added a little more clarification to the new emulation parts while I was at it.

Tsunami wrote:Speaking of which, I may submit something else...if it can meet those terms, that is. :lol: On a more serious note, I just hope that someone enjoys what I write, y'know? May sound kinda weird to say this, but I put my heart into most things I do, hobbies included.

I look forward to seeing anything you submit. I really enjoyed the first story and I'm sure any future ones will be great, too. :)

And on that note, I've added the story ratings to the top of the the Fan Fiction pages and opened the ratings up to unregistered members. Hopefully that will encourage more people to use the rating system to give us feedback on our stories. :D
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Participation Guidelines Updated

Postby Tsunami » Sat Jul 7, '07, 9:49 am

Finally submitted another story. It's pretty lengthy, but hopefully people enjoy it anyhow. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby Thoul » Sun Jul 8, '07, 4:16 am

I read it - I like it a lot. It's a great look at the characters and what happened during that part of the game. Great job, and thanks for posting it! :)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tsunami » Sun Jul 8, '07, 7:24 am

No problem. Happy you liked it. :)

Call me paranoid, but I have this weird thing when it comes to sharing things I've done, I always get extremely iffy about it... :lol:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby Thoul » Tue Jul 10, '07, 11:14 pm

I know what you mean. I'm the same way. Right now I have an old fanfic sitting in front of me that I never released because I wasn't happy with it. I'm trying to update and rewrite to get it to that point, but it's slow going.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Site Announcements