Phantasy Star V

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

What Do you think?

Really amazed and Wanting to play it
71%
Looks good
12%
Its not great but still looks ok
No votes
Pretty Dull if you ask me
12%
I hate your game, how dare you call it phantasy star V.
6%

Total votes : 17

Postby Tsunami » Thu Nov 22, '07, 2:15 am

Heikabuchi wrote:It's a nice thought, but I wouldn't know where to start. I can't program or code. All I can do is artwork. I appriciate the thought though. This is just one of those things that I'll never get to see through.
Yeah, programming can be tricky, but that's why is easier to start small and work your way up (honestly, I couldn't program for the life of me, but I can handle certain things like RPG Maker since I've toyed around with it for so long). There are programs out there designed for easy use, too.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Heikabuchi » Thu Nov 22, '07, 2:38 am

I know you're intentions are well, Tsu. But I litteraly can't do it. My autism gets in the way of my ability to program. Like I said, I really really appriciate your concern and care. It means a lot to me.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Nov 22, '07, 9:01 am

Heikabuchi plane! Shoot it! Shoot it! *BANG* *whistle...* XDDD lol sorry to flourish in your grief, but, that just fit so perfectly with your earlier comment. Perhaps you have gotten better with the pixeling then? Plus my avi. Its not all for nothing.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby HTD » Thu Nov 22, '07, 3:24 pm

As far as coding goes, I could let you modify my Shadows of Aleah engine.
If you were willing to pay the coder for the modifications.
You havent wasted anything Heikabuchi, you've made a friend (ME) I will always help you with your graphics anyway I can. You are free to use my storyline and modify it to a more fitting one.
I appreciate where your coming from, My reasons for quitting the project are two things 1. I want to work on my own game universe. 2. Its too much money to infest in paying for coder for me unlike my other RPG that I will be able to sell.

Like I said you got my msn and you know you can always ask for my advice.
I say go for it, everyone has your back on this one and as others have said it wouldnt be right for me to work on a series I am so passionate about if I feel im straying away from the original spirit of PS.

Im sorry if I have let you down.
HTD
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 25

Postby Heikabuchi » Thu Nov 22, '07, 6:26 pm

Thanks man. I'm sorry I snapped, I just really had high expectations for PSV. If you want any help with your new project, let me know. I'd be willing to help you with the sprites to the best of my ability. I don't expect any payment if you want me to work for you. All I want is a chance to work. I really appriciate all you've done. I really enjoyed working on PSV.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby HTD » Thu Nov 22, '07, 8:45 pm

Thats cool, I think you raised some truthful points.

I think that the sad thing is that we had a really great story to share but I have already one commercial game I am funding out of my own money, so the idea of going straight into serious development for this RPG (which I was at the point of), Well Its going to have serious effects on my other game.
$400 dollars for coding is alot of money for someone already funding another project.

A part of me wants to continue but I have to think about the game I am actually making to sell.

I am a strong believer that three things will happen:

a) One day a PSV will come and most likely will be better than this attept.
b) I have enough time to design an even better RPG with no limitations or past, which appeals to me more.
c) As a community if you decide to work with each other or figure a way to raise enouge money or talent to acheive what your after then you will be able to create an amazing shared game.

Thats what I want to believe.

Edit:

Just to show you the difference between SOA and PSV graphically.
A cross between chrono trigger and Phantasy Star.

HTD
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Postby HTD » Mon Nov 26, '07, 6:57 am

After giving it some thought, I have decided to continue with the project.
I have already done alot of work and it seems a real shame to just let it go to waste when I still have a great story to tell.

I am after someone that can help me create a website and host it.
I will create a donations area where the community can choose to donate money to further the project.
If your able to help PM me.

Thanks for the reasurance everyone.
Its helped me feel more secure about this project again.

Updates to come by the end of this week.
HTD
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Postby Tsunami » Mon Nov 26, '07, 3:45 pm

Cool, I'm glad to see that you haven't given up entirely. :) I'm looking forward to any future updates.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Tue Nov 27, '07, 12:40 am

I'm glad to hear that you've decided to continue. Just remember that it is indeed your story to tell. Fan input can be helpful, but always consider how that input flows with the overall story and game you want to present. Just because someone makes a suggestion or criticisms doesn't mean you have to follow that.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby HTD » Mon Dec 3, '07, 4:55 pm

Okay so the boxes below show you the party you begin the prologue with and then the second box shows your main party for PSV. Characters with red dots beside them are considered hidden and can only be obtained by fullfilling certain conditions.
I've changed Jona's sprite and Im still not happy with his Party 1 version so I'll revise that.

The characters you see in party 1 are as follows:

Jess:

A keen researcher studying the Bio-Monster phenomena.
She boards the Alisa III along with her father Doen.

Jona:

A highly skilled apprentice to the Order.
He was bought up in the slums of Motovia untill his talent was spotted by Rem.

Iris:

A soilder for the order.
She is constantly in competition with Rem for the top spot in the military.
Jona and Her have had "history" together but that doesn't stop her from acting professional.

Rem:

Lead Soilder of the Order.
Only a few are giving this honour due to their excellent fighting skills.
Rem considers Jona as his successor.

Karn:

Captain of the Space police.
He has robotic implants that allow quick access to the Orders commands.

Thats the information about the Alisa III boarding crew so far.

As always expect changes.
HTD
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More