Phantasy Star V

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

What Do you think?

Really amazed and Wanting to play it
71%
Looks good
12%
Its not great but still looks ok
No votes
Pretty Dull if you ask me
12%
I hate your game, how dare you call it phantasy star V.
6%

Total votes : 17

Postby Tsunami » Thu Nov 8, '07, 12:12 am

The idea for character movement isn't bad. But if you do have them moving like that, you'll have to place much more detail into all of them, to show little things like maybe their clothes swaying, their hair movement, etc.. But just moving up and down by 1 pixel alone isn't enough to illustrate this effect, in my opinion.

Personally, I think it'd look better without any movement. I like them just standing there, rather than bobbing around (which reminds me of later FF games, where the characters would take up silly stances and jump around in one spot).

I question I have for you is in regards to Rika/Chaz's descendants. Is that going to be avoided, or will someone of their bloodline make an appearance in the game?
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Heikabuchi » Thu Nov 8, '07, 12:18 am

The movement is the recoil from the ever powerful blast eminating from Bucks weapons. I thought it would look nice. I mean, Buck is a tough guy, but even he suffers some recoil when fireing such a massave blast.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Nov 8, '07, 12:21 am

Ooh, Rika descendents, with chaz in em. Wow awesome that would be.
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Tsunami » Thu Nov 8, '07, 1:28 am

Heikabuchi wrote:The movement is the recoil from the ever powerful blast eminating from Bucks weapons. I thought it would look nice. I mean, Buck is a tough guy, but even he suffers some recoil when fireing such a massave blast.
Ah, yeah. That makes sense. However, I'm just used to the non-moving sprites pf PSII and PSIV. :p

But my comment was towards HTD, as he did say that he had plans on movement for the idle stance, and here's the quote:

HTD wrote:I will just say that my intentions are to have the idle pictures animated.
So for example when your choosing your command the characters will have active breathing and stances that show this to give it that extra feel of realism this is gonna take a little work but i should have it done later.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby Heikabuchi » Thu Nov 8, '07, 2:13 am

:D Ah. About those plans.. We are going to animate the idle stances of everyone. That means that they will all be doing somthing be it breathe, twitch, check their weapon, whatever. It's somthing that hasn't ever been done before, so I think it would be nice to actualy see some animated stances. That's the plan anyway. By the way, we're looking for more artists. Anyoneone intrested should contact either HTD or myself via PM.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Thoul » Thu Nov 8, '07, 3:47 am

The new Buck animations look very good. I particularly like the one with the recoil. That looks like it will be a powerful attack!
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Thu Nov 8, '07, 6:56 am

Heikabuchi wrote:By the way, we're looking for more artists. Anyoneone intrested should contact either HTD or myself via PM.
I'd consider offering assistance...but I'm currently engrossed in a project, m'self. That, and I'm not easy to work with. :D

EDIT: I forgot to ask something!

What will be done about the music?
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby HTD » Thu Nov 8, '07, 10:08 am

The movement animation I posted is just an example of what I mean.
Your looking at around 6 to 10 frames per person to display accurate movement.
I have been giving considerable thought into changing the graphic style to those of Generation 1 and 2.
This would involve alot of work so at the moment its not possible but if the project generates enough interest then sure its a possibility.

As for Chaz and Rikas son... Unfortunately its too far in the future now to even go there.
I know for certain that the Lutz you see will make a reference to Alis, Rolf, Chaz but as far as meeting Rui it isnt going to happen.

Kyra also might make a breif appearence in a flash back when Lutz retells how she became Lutz but thats still in the planning.

Okay the bad news.. All music will be Midi.
The good news is... There will be new music and also classic tunes will feature in some areas.
Take Tonoe for example it's going to be very similar to how it was in PS4 due to its isolation from the other areas still intact.
The music will be more darker than previous PS games and will kinda resemble a much more broodier atmosphere.
Each character will have a type of theme but thats still debateable.
HTD
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 25

Postby Neithird » Thu Nov 8, '07, 6:35 pm

Wow, this is really coming along nicely. I like all the changes I've seen so far!
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Nov 8, '07, 6:55 pm

I'd volunteer for art, but 3 things are stopping me.
1. I'm not fantastic and it takes me forever.
2. I don't have any photoshop anything and that could be a problem lol
3. I don't have any animation programs.

But I'd be glad to help anyway I can.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More