Phantasy Star:The Board Game?

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Re: Phantasy Star:The Board Game?

Postby jessie » Fri Feb 17, '17, 2:42 pm

Perhaps we can bounce ideas here on this topic. I like the card idea incorporated into a board game idea. 2-4 players. You can have two stacks of cards: Random encounter (red cards)and treasure(yellow cards). You roll 4 dice to move: Two dice have numbers the other two have red and yellow (red for encounter, yellow for treasure) Less yellow on each dice than red. Random encounter will include enemies and characters you meet (the Dr. L, haspby, etc.)
Character cards for each of the main characters with stats for each. HP increase by level, MP also. Not sure how to do this in the board game but I'm sure there is a way. Perhaps a sliding card thing with incremental levels.Just a few ideas.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
ImageImage
ImageImage
jessie
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 39

Postby myau56 » Sat Feb 18, '17, 1:08 pm

Interesting ideas ! I've thought of dice but not in that way but it could be a good idea :)
And the fact that uses "Perhaps a sliding card thing with incremental levels" seems to be good too ! That has always been a hard thing to use : the levels, but I've always wanted to simulate level growing.

And sure, the best is to try to gather all ideas from different interested people through this fantastic site ! (And other one if they want to join !).
For the moment, alas, I haven't got any particular ideas as I must plunge back in it more accurately (I've made some notes about it and will take a look soon) : but for the main, like I've said before : (I've just lade a copy of my old message) : "I've started to try to print maps from the different games and try to make some ways with round marks to simulate a shifting" :! What do you think of it, Jessie ?
I was for the idea of first having a board game tied to the first PS, then other "extensions" (don't know if it is the right word to use !) and then tried to be able to play all of them together ! (even if I know that it's gonna be hard to put all them together ! ;).
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby jessie » Mon Feb 20, '17, 2:50 pm

Any ideas from other members? I really like the idea for a board/card game.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
ImageImage
ImageImage
jessie
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 39

Postby myau56 » Tue Feb 21, '17, 11:56 am

For the moment, we are two ! That is a good beginning ! Bt for the momengt, maybe some people are going to join us later ? I know it's best to have many contributors, to have many ideas and to "confront" them ! :)

The first thing to do is to try to let this topic live at first and then see what it's going to bring ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Previous

Return to Classic Series