Phantasy Star Story • Phantasy Star: Fringes of Algo

Phantasy Star Story

Fan written stories based on Phantasy Star IV.

Re: Phantasy Star Story

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Apr 13, '09, 2:45 am

Chapter 6 - Side Effects

Arriving in town, the two hunter's began making their way to the entrance of Aiedo. Sinah found himself sweating heavily, almost as if he had been running for the past twenty minutes with heavy armor on. "You know Ben, you still haven't told me what the side effects are," Sinah stated as he wiped his forehead for the fifth time in the past six minutes. "Still haven't figured it out Sinah huh? Just wait until we get into town," Ben said as he began smiling to himself. "Something is telling me that this is a bad idea," Sinah said mostly to himself. Don't worry Sinah, you'll be feeling better soon enough," thought Ben with a smile.

The two finally entered the city of Aiedo. "So Sinah, how you feeling?" Sinah looked towards his companion, "I feel... hot." Ben smiled as he pointed towards a group of local teenaged females. Looking towards that direction, Sinah blushed as he began to feel what side effects Ben had meant. "Y-you monster!" Ben began laughing hysterically, "Serves you right for getting injured before our fight!" "What did you do to me?"

"I didn't do anything to you Sinah. I didn't force you to take the Trimate," Ben grinned as he look towards Sinah. "W-what was in the Trimate?" A hand went on Sinah's shoulder as a voice said, "Perhaps I could answer that." Ben gave another laugh as Sinah jumped around quickly and came face to face with a tall, lean man with dark hair. "Sorry, did I scare you?" Sinah shook his head. "Sorry, perhaps a little introduction would be in favor. I'm Hahn Mahlay."

"Now anyway, where was I? Oh yeah. So about a year ago when the Trimate was pulled from the item shops here on Motavia, it was found out that several hundred batches of Trimate were, well, adulterated. Side effects were vast depending on the batch given. For many though, they experienced the same effect you currently are experiencing. It was this effect that was desired by many. Sales for Trimate shot through the roof and demands were high. The price for Trimate nearly tripled before the Hunter' Guild decided to find out why such a strong medicine was needed so much. Thus the Guild hired a team to diagnose the problem and see if their were any extra ingredients added. As it turned out, there was!"

"The extra ingredient added was a certain compound found in Fanbites which causes an individuals hormones to grow incredibly high. After finding out this important information, the Guild commissioned a recall and pulled all the Trimate from the market." Sinah nodded as he tried to absorb the information into his mind. Ben turned to Hahn and asked, "How do you know so much about the Trimates and the chemical impound found in the medicine?" Hahn looked towards the young hunter and replied, "I was in charge of the laboratory team that did the analysis on the Trimates."

Sinah's mind was wondering around as well as his eyes as he said, "Exactly... how long does this last?" Hahn thought a moment and asked, "How much did you take?" Sinah shrugged, he was to busy trying to control himself than think upon the question. Ben finally replied, "Just a vial. I still have it if you wish to view it." Ben held out his hand with the glass tube. Hahn nodded as he said, "Oh, just give it about an hour or two. You'll be fine."

Hahn took a moment to look at his apprentice, "You know, you were supposed to contact me to arrange some training sessions. When you didn't, I began thinking you were lacking enthusiasm. Which I thought rather odd after reading your report. But, I guess I see why you didn't bother to contact me Mr. Advance. You are definately in no shape to train."

Sinah looked at himself and then said, "What's wrong with my shape? A little scratch never hu-" Sinah went silent as a small group of females walk by smiling at him. All he could do was shut his eyes with his body stiff and give an awkward nod." "Well Sinah, if you really are willing to train, I guess we will have to do it in my hometown. I am afraid that I thought you had no interest in training so I arranged for some transportation to Krup so I could spend the weekend with my wife."

Sinah looked towards Hahn as he thought a moment on the question, this guy was a pro. That should be reason enough to train. Sinah was about to open his mouth to accept when someone came up behind him and tapped him on his shoulder, Sinah froze when he saw a smirk on Ben's face. "Ummm... Excuse me," a soft female voice said. I hate you Ben Sinah thought as he slowly turned around like a broken door. "H-hi," Sinah said as he tried to control his voice and body functions.

Even though Sinah couldn't pay too much attention to how she looked, he sure noticed that she was young, maybe about a year or two younger than he. Her skin looked soft and smooth and it's tone matched her light brown hair which was brought up into a pony tail. Sinah's eyes seemed to wander around as she said to him, "Ummm... Hello. I was just wandering if... if you would..." The female seemed hesitant as Sinah held his breath. Finally she said, "Would like to... Hey. You aren't wearing a shirt!"

Sinah blushed hard as he tried to play it cool. Usually he would have no problem with it, however, Ben had to give him that Trimate. "Uhhh... well you see... I kind of figured that," Sinah paused to think as he concentrated on restraining himself, "the reason why I don't have a shirt is... that these bandages are a lot cooler and... uhh... I find it hot out here." Sinah averted his eyes from the girl before him.

Ben began laughing out loud. "Okay then. Well, I uhh- guess I will see you around?" Sinah nodded and said sure faintly enough that he couldn't hear his own voice. Ben walked over as the brown haired girl walked away towards her friends, "You should put a shirt on Sinah, you're scaring away all the chicks!" Sinah looked at Ben, "You know Ben. I think she saw you when you began laughing and embarrassed her. Either that, or she thought were so damn ugly that she should get away as soon as possible!" Ben stopped laughing.

Sinah looked towards the small group and saw the pony-tailed girl gave him a shy smile. Sinah put his hand the back of his neck and gave a weak smile in return. "Well, that was entertaining. I would have to say you handled yourself quite well Mr. Advance. There were a few patients who couldn't help themselves and committed illegal acts in order to satisfy their needs," Hahn said as he clapped Sinah's back. "Thank-you? Sinah said as he shifted his eyes to look at a nearby tree in order to divert his attention.

"Well Hahn, I need to go home and grab a few things if I am going to come train with you," Sinah said. Hahn nodded in reply, "I won't be leaving for another two hours, so that should be plenty of time for you to make it to Nalya."

"Wait, don't you live in Nalya?" Ben questioned. Sinah nodded, "it isn't too far a walk. I've been doing it almost every day since I joined the Guild."

"I think it wise that someone go with you Sinah, just in case that murderer Target appears again to finish the job," Hahn said as he walked away.
Atlinsmere
Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star IV