RPG Logic

Adventures in board based gaming.

RPG Logic

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Dec 2, '08, 8:39 am

This topic was originally about RPG Maker but however it was kinda taken over by a RP that slowly began due to something I wrote that caused an arguement between two memeber and went on from there. So, I guess I'm happy to say somewhat that this topic was a failure yet a success! If I could get rid of the poll I would but I can't so, oh well.

Also the new name suggests what has a great tie into this new RP! Enjoy!
Last edited by Atlinsmere on Thu Feb 5, '09, 6:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Thoul » Tue Dec 2, '08, 12:46 pm

I'd love to work on making an RPG, but I just don't have the time. Too much to do already!
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Dec 2, '08, 3:21 pm

Sounds like a lot of fun, but alas, I must agree with Thoul.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Schala Zeal » Tue Dec 2, '08, 6:32 pm

I would love to help out in some way! Though I haven't worked with RPG maker before and I don't have a whole lot of time. D: Hopefully, I could help in some way. ^^'
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 21

Postby Srijita » Tue Dec 2, '08, 7:35 pm

[face=Times New Roman]
I don’t have a lot of time, but writing comes very easily to me. It’s also my only skill. So I’d be happy to lend a hand with dialogue, characterisation, and plotlines. Just don’t expect me to draw. :wink: [/face]
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Postby Lemina » Tue Dec 2, '08, 8:39 pm

Thoul wrote:I'd love to work on making an RPG, but I just don't have the time. Too much to do already!

Same here. If you could just list the stuff that you need done, however, I might be able to help with some of the little details.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Celeith » Tue Dec 2, '08, 9:52 pm

I was thinking about redownloading a rpgmaker on my laptop and see what I could do. I was thinking of working some on it, most likely make something similar to Chrono Cross' elemental grid system. It may take me a long time and a lot of studying on variables but I bet I could figure it out somehow.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby DrkTr14ce » Wed Dec 3, '08, 4:51 pm

Hmm...a Collab RPG game? I'll admit, I don't have an excess of free time at the moment, nor do I know much about how to operate RPGMaker VX.
(Yes, I still can't work the darn thing. Haven't touched it in ages.)

However, I love the idea of that, and I'd be willing to assist in any manner I could.
Greetings to you all. I am Kahrne Annabelle Lee, a Level 6 Sprite Artist.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 36

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Dec 15, '08, 4:07 am

I forgot I made this topic. But anyway. One of my ideas at the moment is a game that could feature all of us in it. Please note all names will more than likely be changed and by posting in this topic you have unintentionally given me permission to use your name in the following example and not the game (if it gets around to being made).

Game Title: Fringes of Algo: Reclaimation (Working title)
Basically the year is 12 Fringes Creation (Working title. Basically just saying after the site was first created). The great Hacker DrkTr14ce has taken over Thoul's website and starts to form the forums into his own vision. Without much power, Thoul is rendered useless and goes out to seek some allies to help stop the threat (YAY! Cliche!).

Meanwhile, four topics away, Kaloes and Caged Wolf are debating about who is better, Ness or Gwyn. Enter, a horribly weakened Thoul who is set back at the new user level. Shocked, Kaloes being horribly over-leveled .(513 - HAH! Your Karma!) is shocked to see his biggest competition rank wise has been depleted back to level 1. Kaloes decides to help Thoul get back to his rank but needs him to get stronger first so they go to some random dungeon. Caged Wolf comes too. At the end of the dungeon, DrkTr14ce shows up, starts Kaloes and Caged Wolf's level back to 1, then goes off to do that to more people.

Then along comes the brave and mighty, hot, cool, laid back, awesome, intelligent, clever, quick-witted, sarcastic, Trenzer (In reality he is just a dreamer XD) who has been set back to level 1 as well and he joins the fight with his specialty, The apathetic bomb (Yes, it doesn't care who it blows up).

That's all. The beginning part is what I thought of and the last two parts were made up on the spot.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Snorb » Mon Dec 15, '08, 4:13 am

I'm insulted that I'm not in this at all! =p
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Next

Return to Roleplay