Phantasy Star Story (CYOA)

Adventures in board based gaming.

Postby Thoul » Thu Nov 27, '08, 12:26 am

I'll agree with B. Sinah does seem the type to break from being forced on a weapon. I don't really want him to use a sword. The main character always uses a sword; let's go a different way.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Thu Nov 27, '08, 12:49 am

I agree with Thoul B is in my vote to.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Snorb » Thu Nov 27, '08, 4:16 am

Agreeing with Thoul and Lucas in that Sinah doesn't seem the kind of person to have a weapon forced upon him, and that the main hero of every Phantasy Star/Dragon Warrior/Final Fantasy/Tales of game ever made always uses a sword.

But forget the pansy daggers. I vote D so he gets some nice Slashing/Bashing damage in there =p
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Atlinsmere » Thu Nov 27, '08, 5:38 am

Well... Congratulations to Sinah on his big day and his decision. It looks like he's sticking with his knives.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"...not to listen to the guild and use knives." The crowd clapped as Sinah went to stand beside Ben. "Knives huh," Ben whispered, "You must feel either really insecure by using some the default weapon everyone is trained in. Or you're just really good with knives." Sinah smiled, "Actually, I was hoping people would be shocked by the fact that I could defeat you in a spar. That is, unless you're too scared to get defeated by an "insecure" hunter."

Ben just smiled as he said, "I accept you're challenge. When shall we proceed?"

A - After the Ceremony
B - Tomorrow at noon
C - A week after next Thursday
D - "Right now, let's do this right on stage"
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Thoul » Thu Nov 27, '08, 7:49 am

B. Showdown at high noon!
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Srijita » Thu Nov 27, '08, 8:33 pm

[face=Times New Roman]I'd recommend C, actually, so he has some time to practise. :wink: One unexpected fight with a colleague is quite enough for graduation day. He doesn't want to acquire a reputation for picking fights with his co-workers, no matter how provocative their behaviour. This isn't seventeenth century France. Duelling is not de rigeur. But ignore me if the delay will result in too much loss of street cred for poor Sinah.

Incidentally, he really should meet up with the blind date Vincent arranged for him after the ceremony. It would be quite discourteous to stand her up, sight unseen.
[/face]
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri Nov 28, '08, 1:18 pm

[EDIT]Post-Poned until TIE-IS-BROKEN
Atlinsmere

Postby Celeith » Sat Nov 29, '08, 9:49 pm

B: Dual atop the trees of the .... wait what trees >.>
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Snorb » Sun Nov 30, '08, 3:21 am

B- Tomorrow he can beat down Ben, for tonight Sinah has his blind date!
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Atlinsmere » Sun Nov 30, '08, 4:05 am

Kaloes: XD ...Bonsai!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Let's do this at noon tomorrow, after lunch," Sinah replied to Ben. "It's settled then. We will fight at a place of my choosing since you chose the time. We will fight each other a few miles west of Aiedo. Where there is a tree shaped like an X." Sinah nodded, "I will now ask that Vincent Reagon make his way to the stage." Vincent made his way to the stage. He disagreed with the guild's decidion of using slashers and instead said he wanted to use a sword.

Minutes seemed to pass and the crowd seemed to grow most anxious, finally they heard the last name, "Nikki Yumizaki please make her way to the stage with her decision." Nikki chose the claw. The guild master made his way to the stage. "I would now like to thank and congratulate this years graduates and hope they do good for all of Motavia by helping enrich the lives of others. At this time I would ask the graduates go into the backroom so I can assign them a partner. There is some punch and cake at the back. I hope you have a good night and enjoy yourselfs."

The graduates made their way to the back room. Sinah caught up with Vincent and the two walked together to the back room. When they arrived the guildmaster announced, "I will assign each of you a partner. Keep in mind that not everyone here is a hunter, but are trusted by one of our most trustworthy hunter's, Chaz Ashley. So I would like to introduce our special guests, Hahn Mahlay, a professor at the Motavian Acadamy. Rika, a graduate from last year. And Gryz, a native of this planet."

Everybody began to get assigned. Vincent wound up getting Chaz, Sinah was with Hahn, Nikki and Rika got stuck together, and Ben and Gryz were put together. Everyone was dismissed and went back to the stageroom.

What should Sinah do?
A - Grab some punch
B - Take Vincent up on that blind date offer
C - Chill with Vincent
D - Go home
Atlinsmere

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay