Phantasy Star Story (CYOA)

Adventures in board based gaming.

Postby Srijita » Thu Nov 20, '08, 9:11 pm

[face=Times New Roman]

A third vote for option D... Grow a pair, Sinah!

I'll concede that as a new kid on the block, he has to be careful not to throw his weight around too much. However, if he fails to convey the message to Graham, that might reflect poorly on him also. As most of us know from bitter experience, if you want something done, you often have to do it yourself.
[/face]
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri Nov 21, '08, 3:43 am

Out of Character(OOC): I'm sick today guys so todays is going to be short. And don't worry, yesterdays option will be implied, tommorrow.

"No thank you. This I guess I can wait until after the ceremony. Thank you for your time," Sinah said adding a bow of mockery. The hunter smiled and said, "You're that one trainee who blew up the training lab aren't you?" Sinah looked at the hunter. That wasn't Sinah. That was someone else. "I thought I recognized you! HAHA! And here they are letting you graduate." Sinah began feeling anger towards this hunter. "Man, I tell you. The Guild must be getting desperate if they are letting people like you graduate. HAHAHA!"

Sinah is mad. What should he do?!

A - Pop the hunter in the face. He shouldn't make fun of people.
B - Remain Silent.
C - Force his way to Graham.
D - Keep his cool. Get the hunter later.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Thoul » Fri Nov 21, '08, 5:16 am

D would be for the best, so I'll go with that. The guy really deserves A, though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Heikabuchi » Fri Nov 21, '08, 2:55 pm

I'm going with A just for the sake of drama. This guy is really asking for it by implying that the Hunters Guild would ever be desperate.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Celeith » Fri Nov 21, '08, 5:05 pm

I'm gonna go with D as well. Even though the guy deserves it Sinah's adventure will be over if he gets thrown in jail.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Srijita » Fri Nov 21, '08, 8:18 pm

[face=Times New Roman]
Hope you're feeling better, Trenzer.

As for the current scenario... we've all been there, haven't we? We've all met people like that bully of a veteran Hunter, and most of us have been falsely accused at some point in our lives. It makes one's blood boil, but staying calm is still the best bet. Some of these bullies derive pleasure from getting a rise out of their victims. Why give them that satisfaction?

Option D it is.
[/face]
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Atlinsmere » Sat Nov 22, '08, 5:08 am

Sinah clenched his fist. If he were a bit closer and nobody was around, I'd pop him in the face right away, Sinah thought to himself, Just wait hunter, I'll get you later. "Look, I really must be going now. I guess I'll see you around." With that, Sinah gave another bow of mockery than made his way through the crowd.

Sinah came up around to the other side of the stage near the back, it was an advance tactic he learned from another hunter. To the left there was a hunter approx. 10 meters from where Sinah was. To the right it was about 4 meters but his head was turned the other way. He would have to time this right if he were to get on stage. Sinah, you sure are stupid. If you get caught there is sure to be some major consenquences. Sinah sigh, "Could be worse right?"

Sinah saw an opening. He went for it. He was quick to jump on stage and run behind some stereo equipment. He stayed to the shadows as he peered around the corner. Nobody saw him. Moving from one object to the next, Sinah made his way across the stage. He made it to where Graham was... almost. There lay one more obstacle, that hunter that stopped Sinah before.

letting out a small sigh, Sinah advanced to the next object. Crouching behind it, Sinah looked behind. there was about 7 more meters to Graham, and 3 more to that hunter. "Screw it," Sinah mumbled. He made a break for it. He managed to get past the hunter but soon was pursued. "Graham!" Sinah yelled. "Oh! Advance. How nice to see-" Graham was cut off as the hunter tackled Sinah.

"I told you before! Get off the stage! What part don't you understand?" The hunter said to Sinah as he pinned him down. "The part I don't understand," Sinah began, "Is the part why you are such a jack---" With that Sinah freed an arm and hit the hunter square in the lower section of their body. The hunter rolled off Sinah and doubled over. The hunters face started to look a bit pale. Finally, the hunter hurled.

"You have some explaining to do Advance." Graham said. Sinah gave a weak smile and said, "Just came to tell you personally that the door was locked and I failed to bring the equipment over." Graham looked at Sinah with a certain curiousity, "So you snuck on stage, and hit a fellow hunter hard enough to make them hurl?" Sinah nodded, "They had it coming to them. Plus, everyone knows a good hunter reports the status of a mission back to the guild regardless of the situation. And you are the one representing the guild for this mission you gave me."

Graham shook his head, "A good hunter waits until he is finished being breifed and has all his equipment as well Advance. Which you and Reagon did not. Oh well, not much we can do about it now. I'm just glad I remembered I put the sound equipment in the guild storage room yesterday after you guys left." Sinah looked at Graham, "So it was a pointless mission than?" Graham laughed and slapped Sinah across the back, sending him forward a bit. "No mission is pointless Sinah, just consider this mission as training in stealth and battle."

Sinah nodded. "Take your seat Advance. The ceremony will start in five minutes or so." Sinah nodded again. With that Sinah got off the stage. He looked around.

Now what should our hero do?

A - Find Vincent.
B - Find a last minute date.
C - Grab some punch.
D - Find a seat.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Snorb » Sat Nov 22, '08, 5:17 pm

B. Last minute dates = potential party members, which help earn experience!
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Thoul » Sat Nov 22, '08, 6:13 pm

I was going to with A, but I like Snorb's idea, so B for me.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Srijita » Sat Nov 22, '08, 8:49 pm

[face=Times New Roman]
Try to find a date with a couple of minutes to spare? What a hope! I'd recommend "A", but since I'm outvoted anyhow, I'll just keep my fingers crossed that Sinah doesn't come across as too desperate. Poor kid.

Hope you managed to get some rest, Trenzer. Get well soon.
[/face]
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay