Phantasy Star Portable

Share experiences from the entire series, including PS Online, Universe, and Zero.

Phantasy Star Portable

Postby Thoul » Sun Dec 9, '07, 4:19 am

News on the internet says the latest edition of Famitsu magazine as a preview of a new game for Sony's PSP handheld called "Phantasy Star Portable." Despite the rather misleading name, it's based on Phantasy Star Universe rather than the classic games. Apparently it's developed by a third party (or would it be fourth party?) company called Alfa System.

Any thoughts about this game? It's only going to have four player multiplayer, without an online mode. It seems like that probably won't go over well, even with PSU fans.

Here's the official site. It has a few screenshots, but little else.
http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Neithird » Sun Dec 9, '07, 12:11 pm

I've never heard of Alfa System. What else have they done?

A lack of online mode will probably doom this to a footnote in PS history. The name is kind of cute. It abbreviates to PSP, for both the game and the system.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Dec 9, '07, 8:33 pm

Alfa? Alfo, Algo? XDDD Riight. lol PSP for PSP XD That sounds like something I would do.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Tue Dec 11, '07, 2:09 am

I haven't heard of Alfa before either. I've read that they handled some other PSP games, but I don't know which ones.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby LordShibas » Mon Dec 17, '07, 1:01 pm

Interesting. I just saw this as well. I think if they make it an online game that it will be popular, even if it sucks. Just like Monster Hunter is popular, but it sucks. I don't know why they won't just make a sequel to the regular PS series.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Return to Phantasy Star General