Phantasy Star Online 2 on Vita!

Share experiences from the entire series, including PS Online, Universe, and Zero.

Re: Phantasy Star Online 2 on Vita!

Postby myau56 » Sat Mar 2, '13, 9:42 pm

TWEEG : sorry about it ! :( And sad to hear that the vita versions of PSO2 were only bought for this code...:(
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Xander » Sat Mar 2, '13, 10:50 pm

Bar the bonus content, I don't see the point in the vita version. Why pay to play something on a dinky handheld 9/10 of you will never use outwith your home, when you can download the PC version for free. Once I got past the difficulty of registering on Sega's Japanese site, downloaded and installed the game, nabbed the english patches for the in-game menus and story-related dialogue, etc, I was surprised the game was actually free.
And until the english version comes out, I'll gladly keep playing. Lag's almost non-existent, the playerbase plentiful, and the themed events and emergency quests keep things nice and interesting. Plus you get to fight Dark Force in space. What's not to like. It's also pretty neat how the environments have their own weather cycles. The forest itself can be subject to clear skies, heavy cloud, light rain, heavy rain, thunderstorms (watch for them lightning strikes), and fog. It's better than PSO was.

Oh and my graphic settings are on medium, for those who are curious. It looks amazing on full, but I can't quite handle it.
Last edited by Xander on Sat Mar 2, '13, 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby myau56 » Tue Mar 5, '13, 8:31 pm

Nice pics ! Thank you so much, Xander :)
So we can try this for free ? How ? ?
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Xander » Tue Mar 5, '13, 9:22 pm

You don't try it for free. The whole game's free to play. That's what I was saying. All you do is log onto sega.jp, register yourself a Sega ID here (you'll need to know, or know someone who understands Japanese to do this), then download the downloader, download the game in said downloader, install, and, once you have the english patches in place, you're done.

Alternatively, wait for the english release, whenever that is. Me, I'm having my cake, eating it, and waiting for another cake.
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Tweeg » Sat Mar 16, '13, 12:53 am

And it's only what, a 16GB download at present? LOL! <sigh>
It's a lot of trouble to go through to play it in Englsih at present. Current rumor regarding the worldwide release is that they (SOA & SOE) are awaiting SOJ to finish tweaking the actual game engine as that has apparently been the subject of many of the game's update patches thus far. Essentially they didn't have enough people playing the beta, so issues were discovered post release that apparently went unknow because not enough people were online at once before to cause the system to reveal it's stress points.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby R-90-2 » Sat Mar 16, '13, 12:55 am

Tweeg wrote:And it's only what, a 16GB download at present? LOL! <sigh>
It's a lot of trouble to go through to play it in Englsih at present. Current rumor regarding the worldwide release is that they (SOA & SOE) are awaiting SOJ to finish tweaking the actual game engine as that has apparently been the subject of many of the game's update patches thus far. Essentially they didn't have enough people playing the beta, so issues were discovered post release that apparently went unknow because not enough people were online at once before to cause the system to reveal it's stress points.

So, basically, a typical MMO release. :)
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star General