Phantasy Star on Wii!

Quest for justice and vengeance with the beginning of the saga.

Phantasy Star on Wii!

Postby Thoul » Wed Sep 2, '09, 2:39 am

The original Phantasy Star has finally been released for the Wii's Virtual Console in the US. Japan got it back in April and Europe around the middle of last month. That rounds out the series with all of the English games on the Wii.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Phantasy Star on Wii!

Postby Lucas » Wed Sep 2, '09, 3:51 am

One of my mates owns a Wii. I tried conning him into getting Phantasy Star I, II and IV but he said he'd rather a Donkey Kong game. (His loss I guess)

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Lemina » Fri Sep 4, '09, 4:01 pm

:hyper: I was waiting for this. Now all I need to do is get me some Wii points and I can finally play the original PSI again~

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby MrKite » Wed Dec 23, '09, 10:18 pm

Lucas wrote:One of my mates owns a Wii. I tried conning him into getting Phantasy Star I, II and IV but he said he'd rather a Donkey Kong game. (His loss I guess)

You've gotta be kidding me. Donkey Kong?
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Rune_Walsh » Thu Dec 24, '09, 8:27 am

Thoul wrote:The original Phantasy Star has finally been released for the Wii's Virtual Console in the US. Japan got it back in April and Europe around the middle of last month. That rounds out the series with all of the English games on the Wii.

You gotta be kidding me. This is... awesome news. So, do you think that SEGA will release PS II, III, and IV for the Wii? Just wondering, because I don't want to get my hopes up, and I was pretty bummed that only I, II, and III were released for the Game Boy Advance...

:wink:
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Dec 24, '09, 2:31 pm

Rune_Walsh wrote:So, do you think that SEGA will release PS II, III, and IV for the Wii?

I'm dead certain that PSIV is out on the virtual console...and I'm pretty sure II is as well. III I'm not 100% on...
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby PathfinderCS » Thu Dec 24, '09, 6:10 pm

Caged Wolf wrote:
Rune_Walsh wrote:So, do you think that SEGA will release PS II, III, and IV for the Wii?

I'm dead certain that PSIV is out on the virtual console...and I'm pretty sure II is as well. III I'm not 100% on...

All four Phantasy Star games are available on the virtual console. :)
"I'd say the sky's the limit!" - Spyro
PathfinderCS
Agent
Agent

Location: With the stars, sailing the blackness of the universe.
Achievements: 20

Postby Tsunami » Wed Jan 13, '10, 11:09 pm

If I didn't own the carts for PSII-PSIV, I'd consider downloading them for the Wii. As far as PSI goes, I'm a sucker for the translation someone did for it that gave the game better music (as it was translated directly from the Japanese ROM) and corrected some things, like Lutz's name and gender. ^_^ Still, I'd at least wanna play PSI on a console, so I may give the Wii a shot. :mrgreen:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby MrKite » Thu Jan 14, '10, 3:14 am

While we're on the subject:They have a Sonic Classic Collection coming out for the DS in March, which consists of Sonic, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, and Sonic & Knuckles. You think there might be a compilation of Phantasy Star I, II, III and IV for the DS? :D (opens Photoshop to begin working on a mock-up cover art for this sort of thing)
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Thoul » Sat Jan 16, '10, 3:08 am

Well, it has been a while since the last PS collection on the Game Boy Advance. It is about time for Sega to move the classic PS games back into the spotlight again and a DS collection would be a good way to do that.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Next

Return to Phantasy Star