Phantasy Star: New Millennium

Adventures in board based gaming.

Re: Phantasy Star: New Millennium

Postby Atlinsmere » Sun Jun 29, '14, 10:30 pm

Castiel glanced at Rebecca and Mira, then at the surrounding worms. There was still around thirty or so worms but he could tell his companions were getting tired.

"We'll take care of them with one attack," Cass said while dodging a worm, pulling free his dagger adding a huge gash into the side of the creature, throwing his knife towards another that charged the trio.

"We'll run back towards Rio, she should be able to cover us while we retreat. The worms should follow us. After that, we'll unleash whatever techniques we have. If you don't have any attack techs, just take care of whatever gets close to us. Any questions?"
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby carlsojos » Mon Jun 30, '14, 3:24 am

Mira accepts Rebecca's hand and stands up. "I'm already pretty shot for techniques- what if we ran to Mile and got on the rooftops? I don't think the worms can climb so we'd be able to pick them off easily." She quickly reloads her revolver and readies to follow Castiel's lead.
Last edited by carlsojos on Mon Jun 30, '14, 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
In some stories, the princess is her own hero....
carlsojos
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 116

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Jun 30, '14, 4:58 am

"I don't think we'd make in time," Castiel quickly glanced around them, noticing the opening slowly starting to close. "You two go ahead, I'll hold them off for now and catch up to you shortly. I move fast when I'm alone."
Atlinsmere

Postby carlsojos » Mon Jun 30, '14, 11:05 pm

"Gotta protect the distressed damsels, huh?" Mira laughs, and starts backpedaling towards the Guardian base, revolver ready in case Castiel gets himself overwhelmed.
carlsojos
Agent
Agent

Postby Celeith » Tue Jul 1, '14, 5:14 am

"Distressed damsels huh?" Rebecca chuckled along with Mira. Flipping her hair to the side she stayed in the rear of the group as they fell back. "I'll take the defensive back here, you guy's watch my front."
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Jul 1, '14, 5:31 am

As the group got closer the Guardians HQ, Castiel stopped allowing the other two to keep going. He put his hand out in front of him allowing the familiar feel of gra tingle through his fingers, firing one after another. As the balls of black lightning exploded from his hands, they acted as a laser beam, cutting through multiple worms stopping at random intervals for each one.

Castiel concentrated on his attack unaware of the ground starting to break at his feet until it was too late. He was tossed from his feet, flung up into the air.
Atlinsmere

Postby Snorb » Fri Jul 4, '14, 4:36 am

Rio always had the same problem with using Frenzy, as she called it, ever since the first time she used it: It played hell with her body's senses and reactions. This time it wasn't so bad-- when she came out of her rapid shooting, she could see her companions below starting to regroup.

The blonde only had vague impressions of what happened as her mind caught up with her body: Black lasers, some strange Gra variant, Castiel easily slashing through redworms, everybody starting to make their way over...

"!! Castiel!"

She could see the ground starting to give beneath Castiel's feet. It was the redworms' telltale attack maneuver; burrow from beneath their victim. Castiel was tossed off the ground as the worm burst through the sand, its maw opening wide in anticipation.

Rio stood from her sniping post, her eyes closed. Partially out of instinct, partially as a practiced motion, she pointed at the empty air between Castiel and the worm's mouth. The wind started to billow and wrap around her like a warm embrace as she concentrated.

"Zan!" she cried out, willing the air between Castiel and the worm to explode-- sending Castiel to safety, while hopefully severing the redworm's jaws.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri Jul 4, '14, 7:02 am

Castiel found himself falling towards the worm, it's mouth wide open looking for fresh meat. He was in an awkward position with no time to recover.

"Damn it!" Cass yelled as a sudden gust of wind whipped him in the opposite direction. Castiel found himself in the still in the air as he found himself flying over the remaining Red worm. There was only about a dozen left.

Before he hit the ground, Castiel yelled towards his nearest companions, "Rebecca! Mira! Let's finish this!"

Cass landed on his side, rolling a few times before getting himself in a fighting stance. He had a few minor cuts from the fall and his side stung from the impact, but it wasn't anything serious. He looked towards his opposite him of the worms. They were in a perfect flanking position.
Atlinsmere

Postby Snorb » Mon Jul 14, '14, 8:32 pm

More of them?! Larger group than usual...

Rio frowned, sighting one of the worms with her rifle. She didn't dare use Frenzy again; the sensory deprivation/disorientation would be disastrous in heated combat like this. Silently, she resolved to just shoot normally.

The trigger was squeezed, a bullet on its way to the worm nearest Castiel.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby carlsojos » Mon Jul 14, '14, 10:41 pm

Mira breaks into a run to Castiel, unloading her own revolver at the worms before sliding to a stop in the sand right before Castiel, and right in the way of a Red worm's attack. "Too slow...."
carlsojos
Agent
Agent

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay