When did you first play Phantasy Star IV on an emulator?

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

When did you first play Phantasy Star IV on an emulator?

Postby CommieCowboy » Sat Jan 16, '10, 5:48 am

I'm an old man...Played it on my Genesis in 1995, lost Genny in 1997, discovered emulator in summer of 1998. I used Genecyst and was able to run it fine on a 486 DX4-100. I remember not being able to fight Abe Frogs and having to manipulate my damage of Lashiec so that he did not use reinforce so that the game didn't crash on me. Good times.
CommieCowboy
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 15

Re: When did you first play Phantasy Star IV on an emulator?

Postby Thoul » Sat Jan 16, '10, 6:05 am

Probably '97 or '98. I remember back when Lashiec was a game crasher, too. That was pretty annoying, having to watch the damage and use save states to hit him just right.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Ome_Joop » Sat Jan 16, '10, 7:05 am

Played it years ago on emulator (genecyst and after a while Dgen?) but never finnished the game on one them.
Only ones i did finnish were PS1 and PS2 (one time on my mobile with Picodrive, started PSIV but lost my game saves by accident) but i'm still in the planning phase to play the others on emu (or should i check if my Megadrive is still working?).
I hope those save games on the carts are still there..... :faint:
Ome_Joop
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 43

Postby hugues » Sun Jan 17, '10, 4:27 pm

I played it on an emulator over a summer break in college... either 1997 or 1998. Genecyst on DOS running on a 100mhz Pentium. Good times.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Lyla2284 » Sun Jan 17, '10, 6:37 pm

I guess I'm a bit of a late Phan... I first played the game during the autumn/fall of 2001. I was in 8th grade and PSIV was my first ever RPG. But I've stopped playing it since... too easy. :wink: Good memories though.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby CommieCowboy » Mon Jan 18, '10, 5:03 am

Lyla2284 wrote:I guess I'm a bit of a late Phan... I first played the game during the autumn/fall of 2001. I was in 8th grade and PSIV was my first ever RPG. But I've stopped playing it since... too easy. :wink: Good memories though.

PSIV is pretty damn easy...It feels hard after playing Shadowhearts Covenant though...But Christ, even Bowser's Inside Story felt challenging after that one...Too bad the story and the aesthetics are something else and that the battle system is very fun....But seriously, the boss had 10,000 HP and I did like 9500 damage to him with a Seventh Key + Great Question..rofl
CommieCowboy
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 15

Return to Phantasy Star IV