Phantasy Star IV Roleplay

Adventures in board based gaming.

Postby Heikabuchi » Mon Nov 12, '07, 11:29 pm

-= Ryn rotated his newly repaired should and glanced at his partner. =- "Let's get to work." -= As they pair ventured onward, Ryn truly started to apprifciate his partners prowess with technique. The intense Zan attack was more than enough to impress him. The motavian wiped a bit of sand from his second eyelid before venturing onward. =- "Don't sweat the small stuff Shina. But.. if you don't mind me making an observation: You seem to know your way through these parts of the caverns. How do you know where we're going if this is your first time here? -= Thats when he saw them. The Igglanova and it's army of hideous Xanafalgues. Ryn licked his beak and readied his axe, but just as he did so, a cluster of blue and white explosions were set off before his eyes. Instinctivly, his clear third eyelid shut to sheild his optics from extensive damage to their retina. Ryn almost dropped his axe when he heard the name "Legeon". He remembered when he and his cousin had been cornered by two Sandworms while they were training. Ryn was so happy that he finaly mastered his axe swing that he thought he could tackle somthing tougher than a crawler. Though his cousin was reluctant, Gryn followed him. Just as the sandworms were rearing back to feast upon the two small Motavians, a familiar voice shouted the name "Legeon". As the sandworms looked back, they were met with a face full of blue and white explosions that tore into their hides and sent a mess of worm gore over the two boys. Ryn still remembered the stench of torched sandworm hide from the day his grandfather Dorin had saved him from destruction. =- In the short seconds that Ryn was recolecting his thought, he noticed that their enemies were moving considerably slower. There was time to question Shina about her techniques later. Taking notice of the Xanaflauges that were closest to Shina and himself, Ryn made use of the skill "Sweeping". As if cutting through all of his foes at once, a horizontal pillar of light followed the head of his axe as he swing across the nape of the creatures heads. Only the Igglanova still stood. He could see that the beast was preparing to spawn more Xanflauges, "Not today, you're not" he thought to himself. Ryn lunged at the creature with his fist outstretched. Preparing himself for the blow, Ryn tightened his fist as it met with the creatures eye, penetrating the fragile orb. Not stopping there, Ryn shoved his arm upward into the creatures brain and gave the vital organ a hard squeeze before pulling the brain-filled fist from the creature. Though his arm was covered in gore, Ryn knew it was a small price to pay for the death of one more Bio-Monster. The Motavian heard the disturbing "squish" of small Xanaflauge spawn exiting the Igglanova. Ryn chambered his foot, then stomped the spawn dead. As he had been taught, he glanced down the caverns tunnel, reared his arm back, and chuched the Igglanova brain far down the tunnel to let the other monsters know what kind of a force they were dealing with. Ryn knelt beside Shina and wiped a bit of gore from her ears. =- That technique you used... -= He paused long enough for their eyes to meet. =- That was...that was magic. Wasn't it. -= It was more of a statement than a question. He knew what Magic looked like, but never in his life had he known anyone so young that was able to use it. He heard fables of a distant place where people train all their lives just to learn a single spell. Yet here was a girl no older than he was who could use the same high class spell that his grandfather used. =- Shina.. who are you?
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Nov 13, '07, 1:58 am

Shina caught her breath. As she stared at the beaked motavian, she wondered, how could she answer that. She didn't know very much at all. She was powerfull, skilled, and quite young. She stepped up, "I was hoping SEED could tell me that." Ryn looked puzzled. She did forget to mention that she had only remembered her life up until her first meeting with the computer. She'd have to explain with SEED, she glanced towards the green doors, standing out clearly on the dull brown of the mountain valley, hoping that Ryn would understand. She stepped up and pushed them open, revealing a flurry of bright lights and machanical flooring, a light path showed them the way they should walk.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Heikabuchi » Tue Nov 13, '07, 8:17 am

-= The Motavian instinctivly closed his clear third eyelid to proect his eyes from the lights. His second reflexive reaction was to hold an arm out to block Shinas path. Not knowing what the things inside the odd looking cave were, Ryns imagination took flight. He could just see creatures of unimaginable strength lurking around every corridor, waiting to strip the fur from his hide. Creatures so tall they they could crush Tonoe with a single stomp, so powerful that they could kill him to the point where no amount of technique could revive him. Or maybe there were swarms of little creatures the size of crawlers that overpowered their foes with their numbers. Maybe they arent seen with the naked eyes. Then again, it could just be an empty cave. For all he knew, there could be masses of treasure waiting for someone to find it. Yeah! That's it! There's probobly enough meseta to buy a decent home in Termi! Ryn slowed his thoughts, he was getting too far ahead of himself. A place as dangerous looking as this wouldn't hold anything other than monsters. Real monsters, like the kind his grandfather told him storys about. The kind of monsters that turn people to stone and leave their soul all alone to roam Motavia for eternity, waiting for someone to either destroy their petrified body, or restore them. Or maybe this was a home to the creatures he heard about in Termi. The kind of monsters that woman faught three thousand years ago. What was her name? Dalis? It didn't matter. Ryn knew for a fact that stepping foot into this birghtly lit hell was suicide. There as clearly light in the cave, but he could see no candles or torches anywhere. Maybe this is more of that Magic stuff? If it was, it certainly didn't look very inviting. The strange humming noises and odd pannels on the walls looked like they could come alive and strip his fur. With shking hands, Ryn removed his mantle, took aim, threw it past the doors and onto the odd caverns floor and quickly took five steps back, readying his axe. =- Shina... this place doesn't look safe. We should go back. I'm sure we can find another job. -= Ryn took a few steady steps forward, keeping a deathgrip on his axe. He licked his lipless beak as his eyes scanned the structures walls. =- Shina.. that place, it looks evil. Look! There's light, but no sun or torches! It must be posessed! It's going to kill us if we don't turn back!
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Nov 13, '07, 6:51 pm

Shina tried to fight back her laughter, but instead released a small burst of snorts and Ha's that sounded foreign. She looked at the Motavian smiling, but he wasn't, he was deadly afraid, he couldn't understand what her enjoyment was from. She thought this was just because he was young, that he hadn't seen this type of technology, but at this age, to be taking on this type of mission, she'd think he'd have to be slightly informed. She was astounded. He honestly didn't know about technology like this. She would have a much easier time explaining it if she could talk with SEED. She figured she'd have to explain something in order for him to get his mantle back. The blinking lights first..."This place is called a bio-plant." She thought it might not be the best time to tell him its what is creating the new monsters that were reported, "Apparently its malfunctioning and creating these creatures that attack the cities." She covered, technically not lieing to him, as they aren't normally supposed to attack inhabited areas. "Those lights you see, its called electricity...." She wondered how she would explain the concept of electricity to someone who hasn't even heard of the theory. "Its pretty much an artificial sunlight, that indicates what it is designed to do. For example, this line on the ground, its purpose is to show the way to SEED, which happens to be this systems name." She was explaining things rather horribly, and wished not to look at the confused face. "Here, let me show you, its not as dangerous as you may think." She knew the best way to learn was through experience. She stepped inside and grabbed his mantle. "See?" She walked back to him and gave him his mantle. As he put it on, she walked back in and acknowledged to him that the only thing they would need to worry about were these monsters.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Heikabuchi » Tue Nov 13, '07, 11:53 pm

-= Artificial sunlight... now that was a new one. Even as Shina explained these things, Ryn was baffled by the entire concept that someone could create light without a torch. Reluctantly, he proceeded to follow the flashing green lights as he tugged the collar of his mantle. =- So.. this is where all the monsters are coming from? If that's the case, then we could end it all right here by destroying the... -= Before Ryn finished his sentance, a Guilgenova turned the corner that they were aproaching. =- Is that.. and Igglanova? -= True, the creature was built like an Igglanova, but it was distinctivly diffrent in color. Rather than the usual green shell that the Igglanova had, the creature before them was undeniably purple. Unlike the easily startled Igglanova, the Guilgenova moved quickly and skillfully. Before Ryn could lift his axe, the creature struck his stomach with it's tentacle. The motavians cyber suit absorbed the majority of the blow, but Ryn was caught off gaurd. The Motavians firey red eyes blazed with anger from the sudden strike that left his stomach bruised. Ryn lept up, raised his axe, and brought the massive head over the creatures beak. As Ryn was dislodging his axe from the creatures beak, the Guilgenova opened its mouth and clamped down on the axe head, blocking Ryn from attacking. The Motavians muscles bulged and flexed as he tried his hardest to wrestle his weapon free from the beasts mouth. For a brief moment, the Motavian and the Guilgenova had a mutual respect for eachothers brute strength. Their eyes both kept the same flame and their beaks both spat the same raging spit. It was at that moment when the creature released Ryns axe and halted it's attack. They now had a mutual understanding for one another. The two stood toe to toe for a tense two minutes before either of them blinked. The Guilgenovas tentacles stretched to Ryn, and in turn Ryn took the tentacle into his hand, shaking the creatures would-be hand in acceptance. It was at that moment went the creatures thoughts were transmited to Ryn. "Come, I will take you to SEED." Ryn glanced to Shina, a dumbfounded expression written across his face. =- Shina... This creature just spoke to me.. It says that it will take us to see a seed... Shina? What is all of this?
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby SparkyIII » Wed Nov 14, '07, 12:42 am

Shina was a bit set back by the attack as well and watched as the two equaled in strength. When he turned to Shina and said it had spoken to him she easily let out a held breath, SEED was expecting them. She would have so many questions to ask when they got there and was glad for the, although a bit unnerving, company of the Guilgenova. They followed a path, nearly straight forward, keeping to the blinking line on the ground. At the first elevator, Shina glanced down at Ryn, expecting questions. As they neared a door, just beyond the second elevator, Shina held her breath, and decided to keep her eyes forward, still not used to walking on a thin, one person walkway, towering above a huge gaping hole leading into an array of advanced machines. She didn't look at Ryn this time, fearing his expression to this would put her off balance as well. It was a short, but agonizing journey seeing as how the Guilgenova wouldn't stop at any time and they were expected to follow medium pace, especially her, having been here once before. They entered the next elevator, but Shina knew the surprises were far from over. The next room at a first glance contained huge containers which held the bio-monsters SEED created for self defence. Once her eyes focused on her first round through this room, she next saw how long of a hallway it was all the way down, across giant glass plates that viewed the same machines as she saw in the previous room. She made the painstakingly long journey through the hall, watching at each of the new creatures, cooking in the glass tubes. At the end of the path they were directioned right into an elevator, which led them to the final crossing, a simple path leading through either of two doors each way you take and through the final door, straight up to where SEED would usually speak with her. She noticed she was naming the paths just before the occurence of each one and at long last, or what seemed her like it, SEED was straight in front of them, towering several stories high and a room wide.

SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Heikabuchi » Wed Nov 14, '07, 7:36 am

-= Ryns inate fear of heights made none of this easier. His ears folded back out of fear. The motavian decided that it was best not to ask questions. He followed silently, taking in all the strange sights that he could. As they neared the massive mechanical construct known as SEED, the Guilgenova moved aside to let them pass. Ryns eyes locked the the creatures once more and for a long moment, no words were spoken. He parted from the creature with a simple nod and followed Shina into the large room held up by God only knows what. Ryns fur stood on end when his eyes met with the titanic lights that made up SEEDS panel faceplate. Beside SEED, he saw a familiar shape. A girl who looked much like Shina. He cocked his head to the left out of curiosity. His attention quickly turned back to the blinking panel when he heard it start to hum. =- Shina? What is this thing?
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby SparkyIII » Wed Nov 14, '07, 6:29 pm

The loud computer hum echoed though the seemingly endless pit, they so coincidentally towered above awaiting what would seem imminent doom! But the humming slowly aired out and became a light buzz, followed by a few beeps. Then a loud mechanical voice rang through all around them, "Hello again, Shina, and hello to you, Ryn of Tonue..." The Motavian jolted back, definately surprised that the machine knew his name, plus where he was from. "I am SEED, the Biogenetic Systems Laboratory in charge of enabling a future for Motavia. It comes as no surprise to me you came back, Shina. This recent outbreak of renegade bio-monsters is not under my control. A more powerful system is using these containers in order to mass produce a new breed of creatures that is terrorising multiple areas. The cause of this is not easy to trace, but by halting the production, we may be able to locate the problem. That is why I want you Shina, and your friend here, to journey to the east, across the entire planet. There in the large quicksand pit you will find a valley, that leads to another system producing these creatures. Shut down the production and find out what you can. I will provide you with a landrover to the south." The figure that had been standing there so long now moved. Shina was surprised to see that this bio-creature looked startlingly similar to herself. Shina was still wondering what she was and decided to ask while this one was right next to her. "SEED, I was wondering if you could answer a few more questions. What am I and where did I come from?" The machine seemed familiar with explaining it and said "You are a specific sort of bio-monster combined with Parman genes. You are called a Numan." A numan, how strange that sounded. "You are from the future, from a time sent here to collect data from the fallen Parm......" "I know that part, why, and where in the future?" "Unfortunately, I do not know where or why, these are in your own mind and you must fullfill this your objective to recover any more lost memories." Shina was gravely disappointed. But, she couldn't argue with him, for the humming died down, and SEED was no longer listening. The other numan simply showed them they way out and pointed in the direction they would find the Landrover, "Down to the south side of this continent lies a buried machine shop, where you can find your landrover. If you ever need any help just come back here. By the way, my name is Rika." And they departed, all the way to the south.

SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Heikabuchi » Thu Nov 15, '07, 4:59 am

-= The Motavian decided it was best to learn to accept this as how things are always going to be. Talking boxes, artificial sunlight. =- From the future, eh? -= Ryn scratched his ear. =- Well, I guess I should be suprised. But with everything that's happened, I'm really not suprised at all. -= He glanced back at Rika as they boarded the Landrover. Taking a seat in the driver position, Ryn glanced from screen to screen as though he expected the vehicle to move on its own. =- Shina? Why aren't we moving?
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Nov 15, '07, 5:16 am

Shina was only briefly familiar with this sort of thing, all she knew was how to work it, and she gave Ryn a short tutorial telling him each thing he would need to know. There was the ignition, the weapons, the armor quality, the autopilot command, the GPS, the manual operator, the system shut down, the override switch, and all of the convieniences they would need. To her great relief, Air conditioning. She told him that he should be the one to pilot the vehicle, and as he most likely thought she was insane that this new contraption be his responsibility, she only need say a few things. One, he had been nominated by her as the leader back in Aeido, Two, he could keep it long after she had done what she could, and Three, she was spacing out recently, not needing to say that could be quite hazardous when driving. It wasn't the most comfortable place to be, but it got them where they needed to be in less of an effort than they had had just a while back. There was room enough for a small town's population to crowd in, cushioned seats, and even a communication device to contact SEED if it was necessary. And altogether it was a gleaming silver bullet that could trample a large creature as easily as it could drive right over the quicksand.

SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay