Phantasy Star IV Roleplay

Adventures in board based gaming.

Postby Heikabuchi » Fri Nov 9, '07, 12:27 am

-= The motavian rose to his feet while listening to the girls explaination. Rever? Awaken warriors from the dead? Suddenly the image of his grandfather popped into his mind. Could rever be one of those extra powerful techniques that his grandfather had spoken of? Wait... The Hunters Guild? This girl was going to the Hunters guild too? From the looks of her petite figure, Ryn figured that she wouldn't be strong enough to take on the jobs posted at the guild. The girl was too pretty to live the harsh conditions that came with the life of a hunter. Then again, she had apearantly saved him from the horde that wanted his fur, so she must be fairly strong. Ryn considered all of these things for a moment before speaking to the girl again. =- The Hunter's guild, eh? Well, if that's your destination then you should come with me. That is my destination as well. But.. did you say that theres a piece of Parma nearby? Id that's the case then you'd have a better chance of investigating with me. I do owe you my life after all.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Nov 9, '07, 1:06 am

Ryn joins your party. Shina joins your party. lol! XD

"I'll accept your offer, Seed says that the guild lies in the town of Aeido which is not far from here, to the northwest across the bridge, then to the southwest, but there is a town we can rest at called Nayla just across the bridge." She said, speaking as though she knew more than the Motavian about his planet. What strange creatures this planet contains, not one map about the entire planet. The two traversed the short walk up the bridge. And arrived at the small village town of Nayla.
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Heikabuchi » Fri Nov 9, '07, 6:16 am

-= The motavian couldn't help but question the girls vast knoweldge about his home planet. She was clearly not human, nor was she motavian. He was fairly sure she wasn't a Dezolian, but he had never seen one before. Time seemed to pass quickly and before he was fully away of it, they were standing at the gates of Nayla. The motavian threw up his arms in delight and rushed through the gates, eager to build his home.

Ryn stood frozen at the entrance of Nayla, struck with horrer at the devisation he saw. He was so close to having a home for himself. He had picked a location between two major roads to allow him easy access to the larger areas of Motavia. It was all meaningless now. He glanced from scene to scene, comparing the devistation to the sights he saw at Molcom. Suddenly, he realized that the destruction here was similar. Voice filled with anger, he spun around. =- Shina! It's just like Molcom! -= He spoke in anger, assuming she knew what tradgedy had struck his cousins home. =- It's just like Molcom! It's just like the strangers told grandfather Dorin! Everything's gone! -= He nervously ruffled the fur in his head and began paceing back and forth. =- My home! It's gone! What will I do now? I just made payments on a house here.. I can't even affourd to buy a decent meal! Everything I had was poured into that house! -= He glanced up at Shina, horror stricken. =- It must have been that stormcloud! The one I saw at Molcom! It's not going to stop Shina! It wont stop until it's destroyed everything. -= The Motavian was quickly decending into a spiral of panic. His thoughts were becoming irrational and his movement eratic. =- Dead.. that's what I should have been. When I died. That was my fate. I should have stayed dead. It was all meant to be and I violated the will of the greater force! This is my punishment for breaking natures laws! Shina, what will I do? -= It was about that time that somthing inside the black furred Motavian snapped. His brow furled and he clenched his fists. =- We can't let the storm do this anymore! We have to stop it! If we don't, who will? -= He grabbed Shinas shoulders. =- We have to do somthing!
Last edited by Heikabuchi on Fri Nov 9, '07, 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Nov 9, '07, 6:51 am

She glanced wildly about, darkened piles of what seemed like ash but was still able to hold a solid form. The buildings looked as if they had been melted. Surely technology hasn't advanced so far yet. SEED had informed her that the Parmans forgot about the old ways, as she had seen in Zema, so the only logical explanation would be a technique, and by the size of the village, a more powerful technique than even she had ever imagined before. She couldn't think straight, the Motavian world was new to her, and she already witnessed twice now, the unforgiving torment of the beings that lived here. She noticed Ryn was tensing, unaware of comments he had made, he grabbed her and said the entire time, We have to stop this storm!
Shina's first thought told her to go back to SEED and ask where they might find such an evil force, but she stuck herself on another option, two towns already destroyed, the residents of the rest of the towns should know something is happening, more than SEED even. Aeido was close by and also was the home of the hunters guild. "Perhaps we should go to Aeido, maybe we can obtain information on these storms, and find us a new home, if it hasn't been destroyed at least" She thought also of how this could affect her finding what her importance was in Aeido. A quick southwest journey gave way to a nearly untouched town, though Shina noticed a wall had been demolished as well as a few buildings on the east side. The people were in a rush in this town, more likely for the better, otherwise they would have noticed the motavian and horned parman walk in just after a devastating storm. She thought about splitting up to search for the hunters guild but couldn't leave this Motavian after the tragedies that had both occured recently. She was unsure, though of whether to find the Hunters, or if it would be better to question the citizens. She looked toward her new friend as if to comfort him in his time of need, and a faint hint of neediness herself having reached a partially destroyed town in a world she had just come to. She turned to him in hopes he would have a more firm hand in the matter. She smiled and simply nodded to acknowlege him of her leader. Having a native lead her might increase her chances of finding this fallen ship and the rediscovery of her past.
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Heikabuchi » Fri Nov 9, '07, 7:32 am

-= The hustle and bustle of Aideo was refreshing. Ryn knew that he could hide both himself and the girl in the crowded streets and not attract any wandering eyes. Remembering what Gryz told him about Aideo, Ryn proceeded north, all while clutching the girls hand so as not to lose her in the sea of people. He paused for a moment to pull the hood of his mantle over his head, but considered the girls ears and the questions they would bring. He decided that the girl needed the mantle more than he did and that a Motavian wearing a cyber-suit would draw enough attention away from her. Guiding the girl into an ally, Ryn lifted his mantle over his head and placed it onto the girls shoulders before rising the hood over her ears. With a satisfied smile and a quick wink, the Motavian grabbed the girls hand and proceeded to the Hunters guild. Perhapes it was luck, or perhapes it was the fact that a 6"4 black furred Motavian wearing a red combat vest mounted onto an oddly robotic cyber suit with a 3 foot Defeat Axe attatched to the harness on it's back, but somehow the crowd seemed to be a lot thinner in front of them. Either way, Ryn didn't care. He was accustomed to the confused glances that he received. =-
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Nov 9, '07, 10:58 pm

The Motavian was kind enough to pull his mantle over Shina's as if he had seen what happened at Zema, and led her to the back of the town, were a very large building spread across a large platform, fountains spraying water into the air surrounded them as well as a double shop with a sword and shield above the entrance. She was led into the large building, where several men and women shifted uneasily about, either reviewing the destruction or watching the creature pull along a hooded girl. In what seemed to be the center of the building a woman sat in a yellow dress, with a pot of flowers and several flyers on her desk. This was the moment where Ryn let go and went to the desk speaking to the woman. Shina looked around, a few of the men were staring at her, their female counterparts following their gaze and slapping them across the face, a group of huddled men all carrying a weapon eyed her making quiet remarks then smiling at her. She figured this was a common courtesy toward women. Many of these Hunters were secluded in doing paperwork or even just having a drink. Posters on the wall suggested the best missions, the towns at which to find certain missions, and a list of the best hunters in the guild. Shina glanced over all the tops of the lists reading across- Wild weather conditions- -affected towns: Nayla, Mulcum, Aeido- -Alys Brangwin- Shina glanced at some armed women staring at her then looking away as she turned. She walked around, finding more hunters, more tables and a bar. Behind the bar she noticed a door where she heard lively music playing. As she turned, to Ryn he was still checking with the yellow woman, and she thought as long as she was quick about it. She went through to find an entire party of men, whistling and cheering to women dancing on the stage. She wondered what was so entertaining about this and was compelled to go further, she entered a new room, where more women, much like those on stage were dressing. She took little note about them and continued, finding herself soon back in the main room behind the desk with the yellow dressed woman, still talking with Ryn. Shina made her way to the last room, which contained a few small chests, already opened and nothing inside. She went back and her eyes caught movement by the desk. The woman was just returning from the cabinets to the left and was shuffling through them. She tried her hardest to be silent as she snuck past the woman but tripped on a stoned leading to her stomping rapidly out. Either the woman didn't care or she was too busy, but Shina wasn't followed. She walked hastily back to the main room behind Ryn hoping he hadn't noticed her having have gone. Ryn stood up straight again, and she kept as straight a face as she could from her little secret as he turned to her.
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Heikabuchi » Fri Nov 9, '07, 11:37 pm

-= Ryn couldn't help but part with a small chuckle at his partners little exitment. He shook his head in disbelief, the smile still on his face. Dawning a more serious expression as his eyes rested on the poster of a familiar face. "Alys Brangwin"... Ryn swore he saw this woman once before. Wasn't it back in Tonoe? He stood quite for a moment, gathering his thoughts. He couldn't help but be moved by the poster. Turning to Shina, he nodded. =- I've applied for a job. Apearantly some people in Zema are complaining about an outbreak Igglanova. There's also been some rumors about strange looking monsters dwelling further inside Birth Valley. By cousin Gryz left me a letter too. -= Ryn procured the small message from his vest pocket and read alloud, " Dear Ryn, If you get this letter, than you have already seen the devistation that Zio brought to Nayla. I'm terribly sorry for you cousin. I'm journeying with some new freinds, one of whom is the legendary hunter Alys Brangwin! She's not quite as vicious as the rumours say she is. She's actualy quite a nice person. The way she fights is dazzling. Anyway, I hope you find a new life for yourself. I'll continue to write to you in the future. Jolon Tru, Gryz. P.S Enclosed in this letter you will find 30 meseta. It's all I could part with."
-= Ryn stowed his cherished letter in his vest pocket. =- "What's a Zio?" -= Thats when he noticed a large group of hunters stareing at him. =- "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?!?" -= Startled, the men quickly went back to their tasks. -= Ryn huffed before taking Shinas hand. =- Anyway, it's a long walk, but this job will bring us 900 meseta!
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Nov 10, '07, 8:31 pm

The Motavian was extremely excited to have gotten a mission. Back in Zema, Shina thought, I wonder how they'll treat me if I come to help them. And this time Ryn would be there, Parmans were known to attack Motavians in the past, and apparently Parmans would attack her. A new thought flashed in her mind. What was she? Not Parman, nor Motavian, and certainly not Dezolian, she thought about asking SEED again, that was back in Zema too. Her mind, for the first time since leaving Birth Valley was set, ironically on returning to it. Ryn had been reading a letter from his brother. She noticed the name Alys Brangwin and the motavian pulled out 30 meseta. After he put the letter, he seemed to think she would know what a Zio was. He yelled at a nearby group, moving the whole building, she thought. Suddenly, as if he had thought it over several times already he grabbed her hand, and pulled her from the city, obviously very anxious to make 900 meseta. Before they had gotten far, Shina pulled the hood off and gave it back to Ryn. She couldn't stand something putting her ears down like that, plus she was getting very hot. The two made it quick to Nayla, where already a team of researchers paired with a few hunters, and other Parmans were already rebuilding the town, and investigating the cause. Zio, a raging storm of power and darkness. They went across the bridge. Shina noticed now how easily they cut through the monsters that were just a short bit ago, ripping at the Motavian, and giving her trouble as well, so much that she was infact forced to flee. Zema hadn't changed a whole lot, save for the people who were all indoors, expecting another montser to rip at them the first was moving about in the entance to Birth Valley as if it couldnt escape the short walls around it.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Heikabuchi » Sat Nov 10, '07, 11:29 pm

-= After their journey, Ryn was tempted to take a short rest in the local Inn, but he decided against it. He tugged at the collar of his mantle before wiping the blue monster blood from his forearm. Ryn took a glance at Shina and gave her a nod before leading them into Birth Valley. The sights and smells were quite strange, almost offensive in fact. Ryns eyes shot forward as a bio-monster or two scurried away from them. The motavian procured his Axe from its harness and roared a battle cry so as to alert the monsters before them that he was coming for them. He glanced over to Shina and shot her a smile before proceeding into the valley. Strange abominations fled at the sight of Shina and Gryz, obviously intimidated by the warriors. Ryn gave a huff and swung his axe at a flatterplant, but not before it spat acid breath onto his right shoulder, paralyzing it. Though his movments were slightly sluggish now, Ryn proceeded even farther with his partner at his side. As they decended to the second level, Ryn was cought off gaurd by another flatterplant and to extensive damage to his right arm. As the arm was already paralyzed, such damaged rended it completely useless. The motavian grew frusterated with the situation and with his teeth bared, he lifted his left hand and cast Eradicate. The skill vanquished his foe in a stream of blinding llight at the expense of some of his lif energy. With a huff, he cast res on both himself and Shina and continued onward through the vally. =- "Are you alright Shina?" -= Ryn winced and clutched his right shoulder in agony. =- "Do you think you could do somthing about this?" -= Hearing the familiar buzzing of wings, Ryn shot a glance upward just in time to meet with the image of two flatterplants charging at Shina and himself. Ryn stomped his foot, lifted his left arm and roared, stopping the two enemies in mid-flight. His right arm throbbed in pain, but he decided to ignore it. Using what little technique power he had left, Ryn cast GiGra, forcing the gravity around the two enemies to enclose upon them, crushing their hard exoskeletons with a satisfying crunching sound. Ryn flung the cape of his mantle over Shina, sheilding her from the giant insects glood and guts as they were crushed by his most cherished technique. Ryn wiped the gore from his mantle with a gentle sweep from his axe before glancing at Shina. =- "Stupid bugs... If you're going to do somthing, do it completely!" -= Wrens right arm twitched violently. Annoyed, the motavian attatched his axe to its harness and clutched his shoulder, biting down on his beak before he dislocated the shoulderblade, seperating the synaposes so the twitching would stop. The ground around them shook and a thud was heard in the distance. Glancing over to Shina, Ryn smiled. =- "So.. how about this arm of mine. You wouldn't happen to have any technique in that array of spells you have, would you?" -= Before he got his answer, an Igglanova crept around the corner of the caverns. The creature seemed suprised to see the two of them, so Ryn decided to make the best of it. Knowing that if they didnt defeat the creature quickly that it would summon others, Ryn saw no other alternative than to use Eradicate and expend a majority of his health. Reluctantly, he lifted his left arm and roared. A glow of white light charged around his gloves hand, coloring the air around his hand to a cool hue of cyan. In a matter of seconds, the glow filled his entire hand and charged into a brilliant flash! Somwhere in the midst of the flash, a surge of white energy shot from his hand and penetrated the Igglanovas thorax, cracking its tough shell and leaving only a a corpse that reaked of the foul stench of burning flesh. =- "Now... About that arm...."
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Nov 12, '07, 9:41 pm

lol, SOOOO sorry.

Shina woke up in her bed, a soft cool alarm bringing her to. She gazed around noting the sweet chirping birds out of her window. She felt a sweeping breeze as one flew and landed on her finger. She outstretched her arms and the bird took flight, circling her twice before flying out the window with its companion, she showered and dressed, a good smelling tight outfit perfectly fitting her body, her claws, which bore a small insignia, representing her guardian rank in her life. A familiar voice called to her, "Shina, are you there?" She snorted, thinking that it was funny. "Shina, wake up!"
Flatterplants wizzed past her head. Oh my gosh! She was busy! This was no time for a silly daydream! "GIZAN!" A flurry of tornado whirled the creatures in the cave, rocks flew about smashing her foes with intense force, and as the wind died down, hidden foes on the ground were obliterated with the falling debris. She turned to Ryn about to apoligize for her great delay, but saw him motioning to a limp arm. "Oh, this is all my fault..." and cast Rimpa. The team moved on, a large portion of the cave now cleared from her zan. Shina, remembering where SEED was, took the left turn. As they rounded the corner they were able to see the gates leading to the Bio-system. A giant army of zoran bults and flatterplants guarded the door. She glanced at Ryn who had used his last bit of TP when she hadn't been paying attention. An Igglanova with a swarm of Xanafalgues were only visible during the first charge of creatures. Ryn started at his axe, but Shina knew even if they fought till their stenght gave way, they would still have a large portion of enemies to handle. She focused her energy, "Legeon!" Power strengthed by her concentration was released and burst out if explosions of pure light, blinding her foes before ripping them to pieces and disolving in the air. As the light faded she yelled, "Disruption" and sped out to the Xanafalgues giving them each a good hard smack before returning to her companion, just barely able to draw his axe. Before he made another move the Igglanova cast out another field of creatures which sped towards them. A drip of sweat fell to the ground as she cast all three, Doran, Deban, and Ataraxia, before collapsing to catch her breath, now that not even a spark of hope swelled from the enemies, as they were slowed and Ryn was recharged.
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay