Phantasy Star IV: Remix

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Postby HTD » Tue Dec 18, '07, 8:29 pm

Another note save all your work in either PNG or GIF format, never ever save in jpeg.
If you look at some of your sprites you can see traces of the bg colour becoming blured.
When you get to developing the game it will cause problems in the long run.
HTD
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 25

Postby Tsunami » Wed Dec 19, '07, 2:31 am

I think he did the right thing in saving it as JPG -- if people try to steal the images, they'll get blurred, messed up copies. (hopefully he keeps back ups :D) These are just previews anyways, from what I gather, as posting the actual resources for the game wouldn't be wise.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby HTD » Wed Dec 19, '07, 12:30 pm

Well as its a free game its not really a problem.
There is something great about his sprite art but for high resolution its definately sloppy (the tilesets are great though, the small characters look amazing also).
Just the battle sprites seem unfocused and off by a large degree.
I still think you got a great fan game and im not trying to bad mouth your work (which is great).
I just think your obviously unaware of some stuff that most graphic artist would have picked up on straight away.
No offense to this board but they are not really that "up" on good sprite art.
My advice is show some of this stuff to pixelation (wayofthepixel.com).
Have them review it... your project will only benefit from it believe me.
HTD
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Postby Tsunami » Wed Dec 19, '07, 10:46 pm

HTD wrote:No offense to this board but they are not really that "up" on good sprite art.
And this is coming from someone who had to edit PSIV sprites and portraits... :roll:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby Sabio » Thu Dec 20, '07, 11:44 am

Tsunami wrote:I think he did the right thing in saving it as JPG -- if people try to steal the images, they'll get blurred, messed up copies. (hopefully he keeps back ups :D) These are just previews anyways, from what I gather, as posting the actual resources for the game wouldn't be wise.

That is the way it is! :clap:

My original graphics are in Photoshop format, and 300% bigger. Not good at all to post on Internet forums. I would be pwned by angry admins if I post thousands of PSD files on their foruns.

HTD wrote:Just the battle sprites seem unfocused and off by a large degree.
I still think you got a great fan game and im not trying to bad mouth your work (which is great).
I just think your obviously unaware of some stuff that most graphic artist would have picked up on straight away.
No offense to this board but they are not really that "up" on good sprite art.
My advice is show some of this stuff to pixelation (wayofthepixel.com).
Have them review it... your project will only benefit from it believe me.

I agree, because I'm not a professional pixel artist, just a Fan making a game.

I belive that the new graphics are much beter than just strech the opriginal ones (what I hate :punch: )

Anyway, I'll look forward this site HTD.

Thanks people on yours comments! :salute:
See my PS4 remix site!

http://ps4remix.blogspot.com
Sabio
Newcomer
Newcomer

Achievements: 11

Postby Thoul » Fri Dec 21, '07, 8:21 pm

My original graphics are in Photoshop format, and 300% bigger. Not good at all to post on Internet forums. I would be pwned by angry admins if I post thousands of PSD files on their foruns.

Nah, surely not. *hides pwning hammer behind his back* :p

Anyway, I like the approach you're taking with the graphics. I can tell that this is going to be a very good looking game, no matter what else it may be.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby HTD » Sun Dec 23, '07, 4:28 pm

Tsunami wrote:
HTD wrote:No offense to this board but they are not really that "up" on good sprite art.
And this is coming from someone who had to edit PSIV sprites and portraits... :roll:

yeah it is coming from someone who had to edit previous ps4 portraits.
Id like to see your sprite skills Tsunami.
If you knew anything which im sure you do unless why would you be here...Youd know that since ps2 most of the graphics for four had started from the templates of the previous game.
As far as im concearned I could show you some real sprite art if you believe I am unable to create my own sprites.
Just ask and I'll make it in the general disscussion topic.
I feel sad that I have to even explain myself and find it pathetic that you think your even in a position to judge.

On another note I think PS4 remix is a great idea and thats why I encourage you to study hi-res a bit more.
HTD
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Postby Tsunami » Thu Dec 27, '07, 10:45 am

HTD wrote:yeah it is coming from someone who had to edit previous ps4 portraits.
Id like to see your sprite skills Tsunami.

EDIT: HTD, I made something for you to look at.

If you knew anything which im sure you do unless why would you be here...Youd know that since ps2 most of the graphics for four had started from the templates of the previous game.
There are similarities, yes, but PSIV's sprites are all shorter than PSII's. But you are correct about the basis, as PSIV went back to using PSII's overall look.

As far as im concearned I could show you some real sprite art if you believe I am unable to create my own sprites.
Just ask and I'll make it in the general disscussion topic.
No, I don't doubt that you can create your own things. But you still edited portraits (which, understandably, I know takes time).

I feel sad that I have to even explain myself and find it pathetic that you think your even in a position to judge.
I only made my comment since you said that this board "isn't up on good sprite art," thus assuming things. :yaknow:
Last edited by Tsunami on Sun Dec 30, '07, 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby DrkTr14ce » Sat Dec 29, '07, 3:47 pm

Allright, break it up you two. No need to twist the topic to your personal argument session...(Hides Sprite Artwork behind back)
Greetings to you all. I am Kahrne Annabelle Lee, a Level 6 Sprite Artist.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 36

Postby Tsunami » Sun Dec 30, '07, 1:13 pm

DrkTr14ce wrote:Allright, break it up you two. No need to twist the topic to your personal argument session...(Hides Sprite Artwork behind back)

I just dislike it when people make assumptions. Sorry for steering this off-topic.

Back on topic... I am looking forward to any updates! This game really is coming along nicely. :3
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Previous

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More