Page 6 of 6  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Mon May 10, '21, 11:34 am 
Nice job ! :) :clap:

PostPosted: Mon May 10, '21, 1:44 pm 
Alaster wrote:I am so glad to hear there are at least a couple of people rooting for this ! :cry: :fiery:

I think you will realize there is more support around than you think :)

I understand your points about financial support and they are quite valid. However, please let myself and the rest of us know when you might be willing to accept donations for your time and effort.

Congratulations on your University studies! Keep that first and foremost, always. While this idea you're working on is great, your studies are definitely going to carry you further into the future and will always be there as a back up.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, '21, 10:21 pm 
I am very sorry to say this, but I had been under the impression that the adoration of this wonderful piece of game was almost extinguished. It certainly warms my heart to hear otherwise. I was also pleasantly surprised to be notified that this topic has more than 30k views now.

Hope more people give the game a good treatment in modern times.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, '21, 10:58 am 
Alaster wrote:I am very sorry to say this, but I had been under the impression that the adoration of this wonderful piece of game was almost extinguished. It certainly warms my heart to hear otherwise. I was also pleasantly surprised to be notified that this topic has more than 30k views now.

Hope more people give the game a good treatment in modern times.
:clap: :up:

PostPosted: Mon May 17, '21, 1:07 pm 
Slight progress with assets... Not groundbreaking but it helps reconnect with the project after having it left so for long. Will probably update the images, although it won't show anything substantial. However, it is important work for paving the way for better assets in the future. I am slowly but steadily making most assets that are painted on top of others and used as one, their own items. For example, the game heavily features bushes. These are extracted as one with their ground tiles, as the game makes no distinction : whenever there's a bush, it will always be with the same ground tile, no matter where. A very simplistic approach that worked well in the early 90s, cutting short time and effort and not looking bad, provided that the art team made the whole aesthetic uniform.

We can't have that today. It goes against scalability and evolution of a game.

Will probably switch to characters after some more assets. Working on the map is pretty exhausting due to the repetitiveness of processing the assets and playing the game and placing them on the map and taking screenshots of whatever new ones and processing them again... you get the idea :)

Page 6 of 6  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6