Phantasy Star IV remake in RPGMAKER VX Ace

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Re: Phantasy Star IV remake in RPGMAKER VX Ace

Postby myau56 » Mon May 10, '21, 11:34 am

Nice job ! :) :clap:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Darkil » Mon May 10, '21, 1:44 pm

Alaster wrote:I am so glad to hear there are at least a couple of people rooting for this ! :cry: :fiery:

I think you will realize there is more support around than you think :)

I understand your points about financial support and they are quite valid. However, please let myself and the rest of us know when you might be willing to accept donations for your time and effort.

Congratulations on your University studies! Keep that first and foremost, always. While this idea you're working on is great, your studies are definitely going to carry you further into the future and will always be there as a back up.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Alaster » Thu May 13, '21, 10:21 pm

I am very sorry to say this, but I had been under the impression that the adoration of this wonderful piece of game was almost extinguished. It certainly warms my heart to hear otherwise. I was also pleasantly surprised to be notified that this topic has more than 30k views now.

Hope more people give the game a good treatment in modern times.
Alaster
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 29

Postby myau56 » Fri May 14, '21, 10:58 am

Alaster wrote:I am very sorry to say this, but I had been under the impression that the adoration of this wonderful piece of game was almost extinguished. It certainly warms my heart to hear otherwise. I was also pleasantly surprised to be notified that this topic has more than 30k views now.

Hope more people give the game a good treatment in modern times.
:clap: :up:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Alaster » Mon May 17, '21, 1:07 pm

Slight progress with assets... Not groundbreaking but it helps reconnect with the project after having it left so for long. Will probably update the images, although it won't show anything substantial. However, it is important work for paving the way for better assets in the future. I am slowly but steadily making most assets that are painted on top of others and used as one, their own items. For example, the game heavily features bushes. These are extracted as one with their ground tiles, as the game makes no distinction : whenever there's a bush, it will always be with the same ground tile, no matter where. A very simplistic approach that worked well in the early 90s, cutting short time and effort and not looking bad, provided that the art team made the whole aesthetic uniform.

We can't have that today. It goes against scalability and evolution of a game.

Will probably switch to characters after some more assets. Working on the map is pretty exhausting due to the repetitiveness of processing the assets and playing the game and placing them on the map and taking screenshots of whatever new ones and processing them again... you get the idea :)
Alaster
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Postby myau56 » Fri Sep 24, '21, 2:12 pm

Dear Alaster ! Thank you for all those informations :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Alaster » Sat Sep 25, '21, 12:05 am

Thank you SO much ! I know I have yet to report anything substantial but I have had an unlucky complication with University as I was loaded with another assignment :(

Your words fire me up ! :fiery:
Alaster
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Postby myau56 » Sat Sep 25, '21, 1:11 pm

Alaster wrote:Thank you SO much ! I know I have yet to report anything substantial but I have had an unlucky complication with University as I was loaded with another assignment :(

Your words fire me up ! :fiery:

Happy ! Very happy to had fire you up ! (not sure it's totally wright ! ;)). Keep up the good work ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Alaster » Sat Dec 11, '21, 8:55 am

Hello and Holliday greetings, everyone.

I wish to apologise for my tardiness, however these months had been highly sad, stressful and unusual with high doses of happiness and excitedness, an all around emotional rollercoaster with the occasional wreck, for me as many good and few bad stuff has been going on with my life. As a result of my relevant immaturity, I was not able to cope in a balanced and productive way and so this project got the short end of the stick.

One of the better news is that I have been working on a videogame, developing with a dear colleague and I have been learning a lot that will be used in this one. Said game will be launched on platforms so it's not a similar experience to this one but I have learned a great deal about designing and being professional ( which I hadn't been too much in either projects ^^; ).

This is not dead however, merely delayed. I am planning on doing something during Christmas and possibly celebrating 40.000 views on this very thread !

Forty ! Thousands !

I couldn't hope for that many eyes having viewed my sadly incomplete project. Thank you, people for taking a moment to read through this thread. Rest assured that it will be completed >_<

I feel even more obligated to now that I saw how the second and newborn Online cousin had done but we will not be discussing other games in this thread ;)

tl;dr
Thank you, everyone. 40.000+ views. Updates should come by new year's eve :D
Alaster
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Postby myau56 » Sat Dec 11, '21, 9:38 am

Dear Alaster no problem ! The delay is not a problem : take your time and keep up the good work (but at a rythm you can take ^^) !! :fiery: :fiery: :clap: :clap: :grouphug:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More