Phantasy Star IV Purgatory Mode Mod

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Dec 21, '07, 4:23 am

How much do you level up? I overlevel my characters. It goes by a lot more fun IMO. XD It makes me feel ALL SUPREME BUAHAHAHAHA!
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Chris8282 » Fri Dec 21, '07, 1:50 pm

Well, what I do is when I get to a new dungeon, I walk around exploring/leveling up until either I finish the dungeon or one of my characters dies. Then I get out, heal up, and come back.

This way I'm several dungeons ahead of what I am recommended to be at at my level in most walkthroughs. But that is only my second playthrough. So, If PS2 isn't diffucult for you, IMO, it's because of your levels. Picture me around level 15 doing the Green dam. :). Of course, however, I did level up a bit before I did Nei.
Chris8282
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 6

Postby Chris8282 » Fri Dec 21, '07, 1:52 pm

Oh, and PS2 at those low levels doesn't even come close to Purgatory Mod. I'm not so sure it's good if you're planning on doing a playthrough, but only if you want to make the game as long as possible.
Chris8282
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Chris8282 » Fri Dec 21, '07, 5:35 pm

Has no one beaten this monster of a mod? LOL. I think I'ma restart and record my playing through. Seems like not many people have gotten far in it. (Starting from the beginning, I mean)
Chris8282
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Thoul » Fri Dec 21, '07, 9:08 pm

Some people have, but I'm not sure if any of them are around right now for the holidays. These mods require a lot of extra leveling up, far more than what you might do normally.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Sat Dec 22, '07, 12:01 am

I thought Kaloes beat it? :? I may be mistaken...
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Sat Dec 22, '07, 1:28 am

Oh, did he? I don't recall. I know I've seen some people say they've beat it, but I don't really remember who.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Chris8282 » Sat Dec 22, '07, 4:41 am

Okay, cool. That's what I needed to hear. As long as its possible without running from every battle to get the boss, then I'm good. I'll post here if I ever beat it :)
Chris8282
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Tsunami » Thu Dec 27, '07, 10:35 am

Thoul wrote:Oh, did he? I don't recall. I know I've seen some people say they've beat it, but I don't really remember who.
I was just going off memeory, as I thought it was him who posted in a thread saying that he beaten it, and then posted a screenshot.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Chris8282 » Sun Feb 17, '08, 4:47 pm

Tsunami wrote:
Thoul wrote:Oh, did he? I don't recall. I know I've seen some people say they've beat it, but I don't really remember who.
I was just going off memeory, as I thought it was him who posted in a thread saying that he beaten it, and then posted a screenshot.

Maybe he ment just killing DF. I mean from beginning to end.
Chris8282
Explorer
Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More