Phantasy Star IV NES Version (Now recruiting!)

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

So...uh...care to help us out?

Heck yes!
40%
I'll think about it.
60%
What are you, nuts?
No votes

Total votes : 5

Phantasy Star IV NES Version (Now recruiting!)

Postby DrkTr14ce » Wed Mar 4, '09, 9:36 pm

Greetings to you all.

It has finally come down to this. Trenzer, Snorb, and I are rather pleased to annouce that we have been hard at work starting our own fan game. And while we have made some damn good progress, if you don't mind me saying so, it has come to our attention that this Project will require much more help.

And so, I ask you, the members of this Forum community, to help us out. Pitch in ideas; offer to do some programming; make a map or two; deliver coffee to us; or just sit back and dish out compliment after compliment. Whichever path you take, we shall be mighty greatful.

http://z8.invisionfree.com/FIP/index.php?act=idx

The link provided above was, until now, a secret shared between us three. However, due to the fact that I don't want to re-type our progress on this all over again, I present that Link for you to examine, to see our goals and half-accomplishments.

Thank you for your time, PS Fans. I do hope you'll enjoy our finished product....if we ever finish it. XD

-- DrkTr14ce, Lead Artist
Greetings to you all. I am Kahrne Annabelle Lee, a Level 6 Sprite Artist.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 36

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Mar 4, '09, 9:49 pm

Hey everyone... Atlin/Trenzer here.

We could really use any help we can get. And for the record. This game we're making is much more of a remake of the pirate games. So I've gotten into the habit of calling it "the PR."

If I wasn't in such a hurry right now I'd add more, but I gotta get leave for work in about 5 minutes so I'll add more when I come back home.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Mar 4, '09, 10:31 pm

Heh, what can I say? I can only think about it. I really doubt I'd be able to offer much in terms of really serious help due my current obligations regarding school, having not played with ANY RPG maker much and not having any skills in programming and such. But that doesn't mean I won't offer help. I might be able to get ideas for Hunter's Guild quests (as I DO wish there were more of them) or maybe just some other things to put in just because we can. Or really, if you guys have some specific task you want done, I just might be able to do it.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri Mar 6, '09, 4:44 am

Well, either way. We do appreciate all help no matter how small. Currently our most inactive member is Snorb, who has done very very little. But I assigned him a task to make up for it. And he is working hard (I think... >_>)

Overall though our progress is advancing. There is still alot of work to be done and hopefully, we can complete a fangame that can be considered among the best. WEll, it's off to do some more hard work.

Also if anyone can understand Ruby scripting please help me out. My mind wants to explode from all my editing.

Also, let me give you some insight as to what to expect from our remake. You can expect:
=> more Hunter's Guild sidequests!
=> Unlockable characters for the final battle
=> The well Known NOTHING items complete with name and description
=> The legendary FEEVE technique with an interesting effect
=> My idea which even my partners don't know about =P
=> And a more!!!
Atlinsmere

Postby Snorb » Fri Mar 6, '09, 6:39 am

Real Life monster keeps kicking in, Atlintrenz T_T

Seriously, the data entry for the party's going fine.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Lucas » Fri Mar 6, '09, 11:28 am

I'd help if I could. I just do know what I would be good at helping with and finding the spare time to do it in is another issue. I'll think about it thats for sure. :wink:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Atlinsmere » Sun Mar 8, '09, 12:57 am

Alright so. As usual, it's peoples time that the problem. Don't worry though, I got it! We'll just have to destroy time all together! *Starts to kill time*
Atlinsmere

Postby DrkTr14ce » Sun Mar 8, '09, 7:59 pm

>.> Hey, don't do that. Why destroy Time when one can just manipulate it? I mean, that Persian Prince did it.
Greetings to you all. I am Kahrne Annabelle Lee, a Level 6 Sprite Artist.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 36

Postby Snorb » Mon Mar 9, '09, 3:29 am

The second Prince did- the third had a partner with lifesaving magicks, and the classic Prince... well, he was pretty much a victim of the game engine. XD
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Re: Phantasy Star IV NES Version (Now recruiting!)

Postby Tsunami » Sun Apr 12, '09, 8:17 am

A remake of the PSIV pirate? With 8-bitness? Wow, you guys are really going all-out on this, aren't you? :D

I'm afraid that the most I would be able to do, if I could find the motivation for it, would be ripping graphics (like tile/chipsets). I can't promise I'll be too active on the board, either. I keep getting distracted. :\
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Next

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More