Phantasy Star IV NES Version (Now recruiting!)

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

So...uh...care to help us out?

Heck yes!
40%
I'll think about it.
60%
What are you, nuts?
No votes

Total votes : 5

Re: Phantasy Star IV NES Version (Now recruiting!)

Postby DrkTr14ce » Sun Apr 12, '09, 4:50 pm

Tsunami wrote:A remake of the PSIV pirate? With 8-bitness? Wow, you guys are really going all-out on this, aren't you? :D

I'm afraid that the most I would be able to do, if I could find the motivation for it, would be ripping graphics (like tile/chipsets). I can't promise I'll be too active on the board, either. I keep getting distracted. :\
You appearantly fail to realize just how much we even appreciate your support, Tsunami. If you'd like to help with the ripping, then we would like to welcome you aboard. Well, provided I get a Signature of Approval from Atlinsmere.
Greetings to you all. I am Kahrne Annabelle Lee, a Level 6 Sprite Artist.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 36

Postby Tsunami » Sun Apr 12, '09, 9:33 pm

DrkTr14ce wrote:You appearantly fail to realize just how much we even appreciate your support, Tsunami. If you'd like to help with the ripping, then we would like to welcome you aboard. Well, provided I get a Signature of Approval from Atlinsmere.
Aww. :3 Well, I'll see what I can do then. ^_^

Most I can offer is help with ripping, as I know nothing of coding with Ruby (you are using RMXP for this, yeah?) and that stuff is over my head, lol.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby DrkTr14ce » Sun Apr 12, '09, 9:38 pm

Tsunami wrote:
DrkTr14ce wrote:You appearantly fail to realize just how much we even appreciate your support, Tsunami. If you'd like to help with the ripping, then we would like to welcome you aboard. Well, provided I get a Signature of Approval from Atlinsmere.

Most I can offer is help with ripping, as I know nothing of coding with Ruby (you are using RMXP for this, yeah?) and that stuff is over my head, lol.
It's either XP or 2000. And don't feel too bad; I barely know squat myself about Ruby. So instead I've taken over most of the Art and Design branches of the Project.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Tsunami » Sun Apr 12, '09, 9:50 pm

DrkTr14ce wrote:
Tsunami wrote:

It's either XP or 2000. And don't feel too bad; I barely know squat myself about Ruby. So instead I've taken over most of the Art and Design branches of the Project.
RM2k, I can handle no problem. :D It's RMXP that I dislike, as it has nothing special to offer (other than the Ruby scripting which I refuse to bother with). =|

On another note, I have read that Sphere is a good program to use for making games. I tried it a few years ago, but it was difficult to do anything with it. The fact that I knew literally nothing about it or how it worked didn't help much either. :p
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Apr 13, '09, 1:54 am

Ah! Hello Tsunami. So you're interested in joining eh? I have no problem with that at all. And we are using RMXP btw. Umm... I'll try to find something for you to do. Unless you want to take over ripping which has been slow going thus far. I have been ripping graphics from Wai Xing Zahn Shi. Afterwards, these graphics will most likely be edited by our graphics designer and so forth.

Well, I feel I should say more but my mind is all over the place right now. So I'll just say that if you are willing to join, Welcome to the team. If not, we appreciate your support!
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Tsunami » Tue Apr 14, '09, 8:58 am

Atlinsmere wrote:Ah! Hello Tsunami. So you're interested in joining eh? I have no problem with that at all. And we are using RMXP btw. Umm... I'll try to find something for you to do. Unless you want to take over ripping which has been slow going thus far. I have been ripping graphics from Wai Xing Zahn Shi. Afterwards, these graphics will most likely be edited by our graphics designer and so forth.
I'd have no problem with ripping, I just think my only problem is the fact that I'd need to play through the game again (which is clearly a given). >.> I do better with getting tiles rather than sprites, too.

Well, I feel I should say more but my mind is all over the place right now. So I'll just say that if you are willing to join, Welcome to the team. If not, we appreciate your support!
I'm definitely supporting you guys on this! It should be a really fun game to play and I anticipate the finished product. ^^ However, I'd like to get into the game a bit first before joining, since at the moment I've been working on a project, myself (and it's really eating my time). =P
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby Snorb » Thu Apr 16, '09, 5:06 am

Welcome aboard, Tsunami! Uhh... new person has to manually input the entire party's stats into RMXP's database. House rules. =p I so don't want to do it. x_X

I think I'll just start putting in the stats for biomonsters/robots and send them to you for 8 bit sprite insertion, Trenz. It's a lot more sane than tabbing between windows to put stats in. XD
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Tsunami » Thu Apr 16, '09, 7:49 am

Snorb wrote:Welcome aboard, Tsunami! Uhh... new person has to manually input the entire party's stats into RMXP's database. House rules. =p I so don't want to do it. x_X
xD Well... I hate to say it, but I don't have RMXP installed! I'd have to reinstall it, though it doesn't help that I hate the program with a passion. :3 It's my least favorite of the RPG Makers, doncha know~ (while RMXV is a close second ONLY due to the size of the tilesets, no longer 16/32 pixels in size). =\

And would it be that difficult to input the party data? I mean, the database itself isn't complex. I can understand where you are coming from though, it can be time consuming (and you would need the information regarding character stats, which is a given, though the amusing part about the pirate PSIV was that later characters like Raja and Kyra had extremely high defense and could freakin' TANK).

Speaking of which, I hope the characters are actually balanced in this. Chaz was easily the weakest character in my party. =P And will Hahn be in this time or will he be excluded like in the pirated version?
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby DrkTr14ce » Thu Apr 16, '09, 5:24 pm

Ah, it's been a bit since I've posted in here.

To answer your question, I'm fairly sure that we'll be leaving him in. I mean, we don't have the limits like those guys did. And it would seem sort of silly to exclude him while adding in all that other extra stuff, right?

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Atlinsmere » Thu Apr 16, '09, 7:00 pm

Snorb wrote:Welcome aboard, Tsunami! Uhh... new person has to manually input the entire party's stats into RMXP's database. House rules. =p I so don't want to do it. x_X

Don't listen to him. He's lying! He's just lazy. =P

And by the way, there is plenty other of things you can do. Such as stated before, ripping. I can send you what I've got ripped thus far for a tileset, it's not much but enough to make a small town.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More