Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, '09, 12:01 am 
After bringing Alshline from the basement warehouse in Tonoe, the team of Alys, Chaz, Hahn, and Gryz have used the Motavian medicine to heal Professor Holt. The stone covering that imprisoned the teacher falls away like a shattered eggshell, revealing the man underneath. Holt is the last of the afflicted people to be healed. Unlike all the others, he doesn't take the time to rest, recover, or thank his rescuers. Instead, he immediately sets his sights back on investigating Birth Valley, mindless of the fact that he was turned to stone because of that investigation.

You may view the gallery page for Holt Healed.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, '09, 4:26 pm 
I always thought he was entirely turned into stone, but in this image he seems just covered with it, like you said.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, '09, 6:11 pm 
It's kind of confusing to me, too. When someone says "Holt was turned to stone," I think of him being solid stone all the way through also. If he was just encased in a stone covering, he wouldn't have been able to survive for days as he did in the game. He wouldn't be able to breathe, eat, or drink for a while, so at the least he'd starve or dehydrate.

But then there are the scenes like this, where the stone is clearly breaking off like an outer shell. My best guess is that the shell is just a representation of the magic involved in the stone curse. Maybe Alshline breaks down that magic, causing the curse to fall off as these little pieces.

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]