Phantasy Star IV commerical

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Postby Rune_Walsh » Sun Aug 24, '08, 7:58 am

Thoul wrote:Maybe they though Rune would be too much of a spoiler. Without knowing his name, if you'd played either of the first two games and saw a blue haired guy in a white cape? Most people would be guessing he was Lutz right away.

Out of all the commercials, that one's my favorite. It's cool to see someone that actually looks like the characters. And to see the huge claw from the Japan box art, too.

That is a good point, Thoul. I didn't think of that!

This commerical is also my favorite. I think the only other live-action Phantasy Star commercial was for the first one, too, am I correct?

Anyway, the actor playing Wren looks a lot like Hugh Jackman, who, come to think of it, would make a great Wren in a feature Phantasy Star film! :D
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Thoul » Sun Aug 24, '08, 9:22 pm

There was a live action commercial for III as well. It's just a bunch of guys swinging a sword around, though. Or maybe one guy repeated several times - I couldn't make out any differences between them in the video I saw of it.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Fogeltje » Sun Aug 24, '08, 10:27 pm

In fact, there were live action commercials for all of them I think...or maybe PSII was only in game screenshots.

All can be viewed/downloaded here: http://www.phantasy-star.net/downloads/downloads.html
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Postby Lucas » Mon Aug 25, '08, 9:43 am

Yeah now that I think about it I did see a PSIII live commercial too Thoul. I'm pretty sure it was only one guys swining the sword around if it wasn't they all must have been related or something cause they all looked quite similar. :lol:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Rune_Walsh » Mon Aug 25, '08, 10:44 am

Yes, Thoul is right about the PS III commerical. Thanks for that link, Fogeltje. I just watched the PS III commercial and laughed out loud, as it doesn't seem to have anything to do with Phantasy Star. It's just a nunch of ninja-type guys throwing around a sword. I mean, huh? :lol:
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby newsblade » Mon Aug 25, '08, 11:40 am

Srijita wrote:
Rune_Walsh wrote:And, where is Rune in that commercial???

[face=Times New Roman]Maybe the casting director couldn't find an actor with his looks who was prepared to dye his hair light blue... :wink: [/face]

No, he was the one who was filming.
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Thoul » Mon Aug 25, '08, 11:02 pm

I think the guys in the PSIII commercial are supposed to be representative of the main heroes of each generation. If I remember right, there's too many guys for that though. And of course no difference in appearance, like we've said, so it's not like there's Ayn or Sean in there.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star IV