Phantasy Star IV Bosses

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Phantasy Star IV Bosses

Postby Rune_Walsh » Tue May 12, '09, 8:05 am

What are your favorite Phantasy Star IV bosses? And why?

Mine:

Zio (he's so much fun; a total loon with his own religion, and actual followers...)

King Rappy, because he's so cute... I felt bad for fighting him. Good thing the crazy animal lover intervened. :D

Share yours!
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Re: Phantasy Star IV Bosses

Postby Lucas » Tue May 12, '09, 9:08 am

Lashiec without a doubt. I mean come on he’s a huge evil imitating wizard. With very nasty attacks and a decent amount of HP, 6400 I think it was. Not to mention he’s old school he was the original antagonist along with Dark Force and having him reappear as a 7 foot tall zombie was too good.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Rune_Walsh » Tue May 12, '09, 9:15 am

You have a great point there, Lucas -- Lashiec was a challenging fight -- and you gotta get a kick out of Rune's ("He's pathetic") comment afterwards. Oh, and not to mention Rika basically saved the day by catching the eclipse torch - that whole scene was just epic. :D
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Postby Darkil » Tue May 12, '09, 1:38 pm

I have to lean towards "Seth". There's something epic to me about having a party member who's very helpful, only to have them turn on you [in his case, turn into Dark Force].
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue May 12, '09, 4:22 pm

Hmmm...I'm going to say Dark Force 2. Because he's big, he's creepy, he's tough, and the I really enjoy going through the Garuberk Tower to get to him in the first place. I don't know WHY I like the Garuberk Tower...probably because it's one of the toughest dungeons in the game and oh yeah, it's disgusting.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby ThugsRook » Tue May 12, '09, 5:40 pm

Rocky the dog.

never had to "catch" a boss before.

8)
ThugsRook
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 15

Postby Rune_Walsh » Tue May 12, '09, 8:17 pm

Caged Wolf wrote:Hmmm...I'm going to say Dark Force 2. Because he's big, he's creepy, he's tough, and the I really enjoy going through the Garuberk Tower to get to him in the first place. I don't know WHY I like the Garuberk Tower...probably because it's one of the toughest dungeons in the game and oh yeah, it's disgusting.

:lol: Yeah, the Garuberk Tower is gross. Those slimey doors and... those eyes. :ill:
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Postby bretlin » Tue May 19, '09, 7:46 am

I've always got a kick out of Zio, and the first time you fight Dark Force (non-specter form) in the guise that reminds me of Nemesis from the Resident Evil games (or should I say Nemesis reminds me of Dark Force since PSIV game out before RE?) :yuck:
bretlin
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 2

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue May 19, '09, 3:37 pm

Going back and re-reading this thread again...well, I might have to rethink Dark Force 2. Now, he's still amazing, but I'm going to reexamine Zio a bit. Somehow, I overlooked the fact that he does create a religion and has people swooning over him like the guy in the church. And you can't forget the guy in Kadary who's twitching on the ground in front of the church and is doing that EVEN AFTER you defeat Zio (isn't he? It's been a while...) Point is, I got a lot of entertainment out of the crazy followers of Zio's religion. Now, as a boss, I don't consider Zio himself terribly special as a boss, but the entertainment value before him...

Not to bring in a predictable comparison here, but I find this akin to Mr. Carpainter and the Happy-Happy Cult in Earthbound. Same deal...Carpainter isn't a great boss (Frankling Badge makes him pathetic), but the amusement value of the Happy-Happyists is infinite.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby XxEnslavedNekoxX » Sun Jun 21, '09, 6:05 am

King Rappy, Lassic, Seth/Dark Force, and the Profound Darkness

I hated Juzo at first because it took me forever to beat him. I liked Zio as a character but I hated him when he killed Alys.
XxEnslavedNekoxX
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 11

Next

Return to Phantasy Star IV