Phantasy Star in Dragon Age

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Phantasy Star in Dragon Age

Postby Tanith » Fri Oct 31, '14, 4:11 pm

Happy Halloween! This is probably the stupidest thing I've done recently, but it's also fun. I've been modding my Dragon Age games (for those who don't know, it's a BioWare Hack-n-Slash Medieval/Byzantine fantasy RPG), and noticed how ridiculous some of the available mods are. Green hair? Red irises? What for?? But then several thoughts merged in my head: Phantasy Star, Dragon Age, and Halloween costumes. So I created some new Dragon Age heroes based on Phantasy Star characters. Whee!

Here is Nei, the city elf from the Denerim Alienage (alienages are places where all the elves are rounded up and live in squalor, because elves are the low race on the totem pole):
She's a dual-wielding rogue (that's about as close to claws as one can get in Dragon Age), she asks ALL the questions in dialogue, and she's pretty straight-up diplomatic. Elves in Dragon Age: Origins have small-ish ears, so in addition to all the other wacky mods I used, I found one that gives the elves longer ears so you can see them just peeking out from her hair.

Rune Hawke! (Hawke is the protagonist from DA2.)
I have no idea what those spots are on his neck. Rune is an elemental/damager mage. He is sarcastic and charming, except for moments when being funny isn't, well, funny. Then he's assertive or diplomatic.

Alys Hawke!
At first I didn't like this modded hairstyle, but it's kind of grown (haha) on me. The Blooming Rose necklace is stupid, though. Alys is an archer/damager rogue. She's mostly assertive, except for dealing with children and other innocent people, then she's diplomatic. She's sarcastic with her family.

Rudo Hawke:
Rudo is a sword and board tank/defender warrior. He is mostly diplomatic with a touch of wit. That's mostly me projecting, though. HEADCANON.

Amy Hawke (Those of you who know me knew this was inevitable):
Amy is a spirit healer/supporter mage (obviously). She is straight-up diplomatic, except for this moment, when someone tried to kill her, then she was ALL BUSINESS:
Don't mess with Amy, y'all. :p

I'm working on Thea right now. I can't quite find the right outfit for her. More to come!
Last edited by Tanith on Fri Oct 31, '14, 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Re: Phantasy Star in Dragon Age

Postby Aeroprism » Fri Oct 31, '14, 4:41 pm

Nei kinda looks disgruntled.

The Alys pic is spot on! Made me giggle.

I really need to get on the DA boat one of these days. Especially since I got it for free (thank you Steam Origin Store!) the other day.
Last edited by Aeroprism on Fri Oct 31, '14, 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Bragatyr » Fri Oct 31, '14, 5:02 pm

They look great! I especially like how much Amy's outfit resembles her actual look, just with a medieval vibe.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Tanith » Fri Oct 31, '14, 5:09 pm

Aeroprism wrote:Nei kinda looks disgruntled.

Her wedding was just interrupted by rapey thugs, so that's why. Well, except that that's about the only expression the hero makes in DAO, but you should still play the game. The city elf origin isn't one of my favorites.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby augmentedfourth » Fri Oct 31, '14, 5:17 pm

Hahaha, I love it! I haven't played around with the mods too much (other than the spider/mabari one we talked about a ways back), but this is great! Amy looks especially awesome.

Merrill would make a good Rika. (Or vice versa.) And I think a mod taking Velanna's basic appearance and making it into Neifirst could be fabulous. (Unfortunately Velanna doesn't seem to get a whole lot of love, though.)

That Rudo Hawke bears a striking resemblance to Cullen, which just reminds me how RIDICULOUSLY EXCITED I am for Inquisition. I told my boss yesterday not to schedule me for any huge jobs that week. :D (Which is better than actually taking time off, which I've heard some people have done....)
augmentedfourth
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 256

Postby Tanith » Fri Oct 31, '14, 5:29 pm

I think some people only want their female video game characters to be pleasant, placid little things (Leliana, yaaaaaaaaaawn), which is why Velanna doesn't get more love. Or if they're not sweet, they should be dark vixens like Morrigan, at least. Velanna is neither. I, for one, enjoy the scoffing noises Velanna makes during conversation, and when Nathaniel is ridiculously polite to her. Hehehe. I also like how she makes no apologies for being angry at everything. You don't see that enough in female characters.

November 18th can't get here soon enough!
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Oct 31, '14, 7:04 pm

These are terrific Tanith! I especially like Rune Hawk. Hmmm, since it's Halloween those marks on his neck could be vampire bite marks. Just saying. :wink:
Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ March 17, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Icecypher » Fri Oct 31, '14, 7:48 pm

Those are really cool!

If you are on deviantART (or want to get an account today), you could submit them to a monthly art jam in a PS group. This month's (ending today, so hurry if you want to participate) is Halloween-themed.

See the journal about it here:
http://phantasy-star-arts.deviantart.co ... -485717824

Edit: Fixed color tags.
Last edited by Icecypher on Fri Oct 31, '14, 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Phantasy Star fan art
deviantART - Blogspot
Icecypher
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 63

Postby Snorb » Sat Nov 1, '14, 2:08 pm

Oh my God it's Dragon Age Amy! ^_^

Amy: I have my game face on. See? >=(
Shir: ...That's still more "cute" than "srs bzns."

No Mieu, though? (Though I think that's not gonna happen because I don't think Thedas has an equivalent for neoprene for her leotard.)

I need to redownload this, but my crummy hard drive capacity means either Dragon Age 1 or Star Trek Online, and so far, STO's winning.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Tanith » Tue Nov 4, '14, 10:51 pm

Silver_Surfer1 wrote:Hmmm, since it's Halloween those marks on his neck could be vampire bite marks. Just saying. :wink:

Ha! Perfect explanation.

@IceCypher - Even if I had seen your post in time, I don't think I could claim any of the above as my own artwork (hence why I didn't put it in the artwork section), so I wouldn't have felt comfortable entering them in the PSArts contest. Thanks for the feedback, though!

@Snorb - No neoprene, but there are plenty of modded "armors" that are pretty, uh, swimsuit-y. I'll try making a Mieu soon! And Neifirst. Loved A4's suggestion.

I made a Thea. She's a human noble (makes sense), dual-wielding rogue. Sadly, there's nothing I can do about her poker face, otherwise, I would make her wink. She looks completely out of place in Dragon Age, but I do love that blue outfit, so I've continued with her playthrough, anyway. :wink: Also, I forgot to adjust the detail before taking a screenshot, so she's a bit lo-def here.
Last edited by Tanith on Tue Nov 4, '14, 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Next

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More