Phantasy Star III: The New Dawn

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Re: Phantasy Star III: The New Dawn

Postby Atlinsmere » Thu Jul 22, '10, 9:14 pm

Thanks Xander, honestly, the harder part in this map was basically just decorating the hallway by the rooms. Though the top left room needs a few adjustments, I forgot to change it a bit from what I wanted. Oh well, it still looks good. ^_^

Thanks Thoul. Honestly, I don't like the throne that was provided anyway in the tileset I used. So I was planning on replacing it anyway, I was also planning on adding another throne anyway, because I agree with you, there should be another seat. Thanks for the feedback. ^_^

Thanks von, honestly, it's Kaloes' call if he needs anymore help or not, it is afterall, his project. I am more or less, umm, very involved. :lol:
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby vontrapp » Thu Jul 22, '10, 9:43 pm

Oh I completely understand, I really should have noted tags before each comment as I had meant it as a two part message one for you and one for Kaloes. But still keep up the good work can't wait to see more of your work on updating some of the maps I personally would like to see some random decoration in the caves and dungeons (vines, puddles etc.) :)
vontrapp
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 43

Postby Atlinsmere » Thu Jul 22, '10, 9:52 pm

Oh don't worry, while I might not be good at mapping dungeons now, by the end of this project, I can assure you that all dungeons/caves will be epicly epic in that. ^_^
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Celeith » Sun Aug 1, '10, 2:05 am

Kaloes here and with some news.. The good news is the game is coming along great. With Atlins maps and my story we're making a good amount of progress in a very short time.

The somewhat bad news is, monsters.. I'm not a master ripper myself so it is going to take some time for me to either rip some monsters, or create all new monsters for the game. So that is going to put a slowdown on the project for a bit.

Now if anyone wants to be involved in the project I'm open for takers. If you can rip monsters from the game, animations and all no matter how short they may be.. Please send me a message that you'd like to be involved in helping. If anyone plans on helping small monsters should be ripped anywhere in the 55-66 size range and your large monsters should be sized to out 100-130 in size range.. A program called irfanview can help with the sizeing if needed.

Since we're trying to finish up Rhys' generation ripping monsters will be a snap since there are only a handful of monsters that Rhys encounters so once again if you want to help send me a message and lets get those monsters as soon as possible.. I am going to be doing my best to finish the project as soon as possible because this project is not going to hit the Phantasy Star III graveyard that most projects have hit in the past.
Last edited by Celeith on Sun Aug 1, '10, 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Celeith » Fri Aug 6, '10, 4:45 am

Hmm Okay time for a update.. Or at least bump this topic up some so that no one will forget its here lol. Anyways I want to thank those who are helping me with the project. Your help has helped move the project along very well. I also want to thank Atlin for mapping, because without his excellent mapping skills the world of Phantasy Star III: The New Dawn would look dull and boring.

To make things easier I am going to seperate the first generation into "Arcs" which will make knowing how much progress I have done much easier. So far we are still finishing up the "Landen Arc" of the game. Alot of things are going to be changed from the original storyline, as well as there will be a total of five sidequests during Rhys' generation.

Unlike the original since Rhys is a Orakian he cannot learn magic, I've decided to add a sidequest in the game where Rhys will learn a series of sword techniques, and will pass those techniques down to his sons when his journey is completed. How many techniques you unlock all depends on who you talk to during your journey so make sure you talk to as many NPC's as possible.

Another change in the game will be the marriage system. Alot have wondered, why did Rhys go through his journey only to end up marrying Lena. Well all that is changed. At the end of the generation you will not get a choice in who you will marry. A series of private events between Rhys and his team will effect on whether or not Rhys will end up with Maia or Lena. So for those of you who are Maia fanboys or Lena fanboys choose wisely.

Without revealing anything else I'm going to leave it at that and let my co-director reveal a bit of information about his progress whenever he decides he wants to post.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby dimon-in-hell » Fri Aug 6, '10, 11:32 am

If U need monsters from PS III, I think better used it....

http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/PS3_bestiary_1.html
No need to worry...
U have such a good live.
dimon-in-hell
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 32

Postby vontrapp » Fri Aug 6, '10, 10:34 pm

Kaloes wrote:To make things easier I am going to seperate the first generation into "Arcs" which will make knowing how much progress I have done much easier. So far we are still finishing up the "Landen Arc" of the game. Alot of things are going to be changed from the original storyline, as well as there will be a total of five sidequests during Rhys' generation.

Another change in the game will be the marriage system. Alot have wondered, why did Rhys go through his journey only to end up marrying Lena. Well all that is changed. At the end of the generation you will not get a choice in who you will marry. A series of private events between Rhys and his team will effect on whether or not Rhys will end up with Maia or Lena. So for those of you who are Maia fanboys or Lena fanboys choose wisely.

Looking forward to these updates Kaloes!

I always felt like there was supposed to be more story behind the marriage choice, e.g. Lena would have been his betrothed before Maia made her appearance on the beaches of Landen. As I have just gone through playing Generation 1 again there are still nice big glaring holes in the story (How did Maia wash up on the shore of Landen one world dome away from her home on Aquatica? Not to mention the need to use the Sapphire that has been Stored in Landen Castle until it was stolen by Lyle who was also from Aquatica??)

However I will stop myself from rambling now :D
vontrapp
Agent
Agent

Postby Thoul » Sat Aug 7, '10, 4:54 pm

It will be nice to see the visibility of marriage subplot increased during the game. I look forward to seeing those private events!
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby vontrapp » Wed Aug 25, '10, 11:25 am

Kaloes,

Just wanted to give your thread a quick bump and to be nosey, anything new or good happening on the front?

Anything that you want some help with or need?
:hyper:
vontrapp
Agent
Agent

Postby Celeith » Wed Aug 25, '10, 6:38 pm

O_o I been busy with things so its been slow working on this. Mainly just fixing out the weapons and all the gear to make sure they work and do damage/take damage properly. Working on events as I can when I can since we have company so I don't use the computer much lately.

Other then that not much I can really report so far. We'll just have to wait and see how things start going after I can use my computer for more then 1 hour >.<
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More