Phantasy Star III: The New Dawn

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Re: Phantasy Star III: The New Dawn

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Jul 20, '10, 7:14 am

Well, I can tell you one thing we're doing. We are redesigning towns to add more uniqueness and better demonstrate a town. Instead of every house looking the same, lined up right beside each other looking perfect (always scared me in real life D=) they will be more functional and what not. Also expect new areas which are both beautiful and great. ^_^

I'd love to show screenshots of what there is already but it's not finished yet so... yeah... look forward to it in the future. ^_^
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Xander » Tue Jul 20, '10, 10:06 am

Well on the subject of towns, am I the only one who thought it was odd that the towns in Frigidia were devoid of any snow?
As well as that, I was expecting there would have been something different about Aerone, the home of the pilots. Unless they piloted the ship from a desktop computer inside one of the houses. :p
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Jul 20, '10, 10:23 am

Well, since I never played PSIII that far, when we do get to that point in the game, I'm sure I can figure something out so it makes sense. ^_^

So far done mapping wise:
Landen Dome - 100%
Town Of Landen - 70%
Landen Castle - 90%
Landen Castle Dungeon - 5%

So yeah, I still got a lot of mapping ahead of me. >.>
Atlinsmere

Postby Xander » Tue Jul 20, '10, 10:49 am

hehe, one bit at a time Atlin. :) I'm sure people will be more than happy to wait for this anyway.

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Jul 21, '10, 9:45 am

Well, I just felt that I had to show you people some work. So without further ado, Landen Castle. And just for reference, I'll include a link to the original town map.

The original, ever so boring but worked at the time map
The ever so smexy Atlin map! =3

Keep in mind the map is subject to change at any time, also not all maps will be based on their originals, some will be changed for the sake of a better looking map. The Town of Landen is a good example of this, however I will not show that yet.

So please, tell me what you think of the new map. I will listen to people suggestions and critique. If I feel they are needed, I will apply them.

[EDIT]For those curious, I spent about four and a half hours mapping Landen Castle. Hopefully the time payed off. ^_^
Last edited by Atlinsmere on Wed Jul 21, '10, 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atlinsmere

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Jul 21, '10, 10:30 am

Excellent work Atlin. I had this feeling you were going to use The Inquisitor's tileset. It works very well for a PS3 remake. And your hard work was not in vain! It's a superb map! Well done! :D I can't really see any errors as a fellow mapper. ^^
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Jul 21, '10, 10:03 pm

Thanks Lyla. Glad my work is getting a positive response so far. =3

It seems you noticed which tileset I used, mind you, I did have to edit it a few time for certain purposes. In order for me to actually be able to map town interiors, it requires me to yet again, edit and combine two of The Inquisitor's tilesets.
Atlinsmere

Postby Xander » Wed Jul 21, '10, 10:27 pm

A bit overdue, but just to reiterate what I said earlier, this is very impressive stuff. :D I like how you're going and filling in all the spaces and giving players something too look at besides empty rooms of various sizes as was the original. Lots of nice little touches too. I like the decorations.

Keep it up. :)

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Thoul » Thu Jul 22, '10, 6:23 pm

Nice map design, Atlin. I like that you've filled in the spaces on the rooms. They look like a place someone might actually live in now. The exterior area of the castle is very nice also, much better than the original. I like the water addition.

As for suggestions, I think it might be nice if there was a second throne, for the queens. I never liked that original game had the queens standing around beside their husbands all the time.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby vontrapp » Thu Jul 22, '10, 6:33 pm

Loving the map work, this is another project I can get behind PSIII is one of my favourite from the series as I said in one of the classic threads as it was the second game I played.

If you would like some help with anything please let me know I'm not any kind of artist but I am pretty good at grunt work.
vontrapp
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 43

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More