Phantasy Star III: The New Dawn

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Re: Phantasy Star III: The New Dawn

Postby Vexkar » Wed Jun 30, '10, 3:38 pm

Whao, very impressive ^^

I see what RPGmaker you use. And charsets are very nice. For battlers, you want to take the original ?
The scénario to phantasy star 3 is very complete, but he is "hidden". For understand the complete scenario, we must speak at everybody, link the three generation with other PS...
I'm not very clear apparently...

Well, i'm juste impressed about your work, and I hope you'll finish the project.
If you want, I can translate the game and show it to french community ^^
Vexkar
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 3

Postby vontrapp » Thu Jul 15, '10, 7:38 pm

Looks great I'm looking forward to seeing these projects come to fruition as I miss the playing PS I really loved 1,3 and 4 and can't wait to try out some of these re-imaginings as there were so many holes in the translations.
vontrapp
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 43

Postby Rune_Walsh » Sun Jul 18, '10, 9:12 am

Kaloes, this looks AMAZING. I love the music and the sprites. I had no idea you were working on a fan game.

Hey, though, if there's anything I can do to help out, such as sketching out any characters or whatever, let me know; I'd be more than happy to do so.
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Atlinsmere » Sun Jul 18, '10, 9:38 am

Well, thanks Vex,Von and RW. Even though it isn't mentioned on the first post and what not, I am helping Kaloes out. I am more or less a mapper at this point (well it's what I'm doing anyways) and I have coloured an image or two. When Kaloes gets back from his vacation, we'll be able to work on it more.

To answer your questions Vex, we are using RPG Maker XP. Kaloes made the sprites (except I think some of those are a part of the RTP) and yeah. He also drew the Mieu which I coloured. I'm rather proud of my colour job.

Anyways, I know he is planning on expanding the story some more to get rid of some holes and to better explain things. I also know that there is some plans for some new content on which people will be happy to have. Mind you, I'm not sure if this will be quite as successful as Lyla's game Beneath A New Light. But we're going to try. ^_^

Also as a side note, I am going to attempt to try to remake the towns so each building has a little bit more of a uniqueness to it, much rather than every building looking the same, basically symmetrical with each other. I don't remember if I told Kaloes this yet or not, but I assure you I will soon enough. =D

But yeah, it is still Kaloes' project, I'm more or less just very involved. If anyone has any questions on which Kaloes doesn't respond to, I'll try my best to answer. Just be aware that I myself, have never completed PSIII so I can only comment on what I know so far. >.>
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Lyla2284 » Mon Jul 19, '10, 9:55 am

Nonsense, Atlin. Kal's project will become a great success, and I already told Kal I'll help him with the battle system, having worked with it for more than a year. I put lots of hard work into my game, that's why. Nothing I ever do is half-a**, and you should never doubt for a second that this project will be a flop. Don't let it end up in the fan-game graveyard.

Have you checked out the PS3 remake thread? You guys have your work cut out for you. But I'll support you where I can. :)
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Jul 19, '10, 9:58 am

Thanks Lyla. That means a lot really. Besides, what I need to do sometime is getting around to beating the original game so I can help Kaloes some more. ^_^
Atlinsmere

Postby Lyla2284 » Mon Jul 19, '10, 10:05 am

I only played it once, never touched it again... I can barely remember any details from the game anymore. Hopefully, this project will change things.

A question.
What on earth are you going to do about PS3's horrible monster designs? Please tell me you replacing them. It will be nice to see monsters from both II and IV in there.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Jul 19, '10, 10:28 am

Well, honestly, I'm not sure what's going to be done with that. That is Kaloes' call. So until then I guess I just wait for what he says and map. I'm pretty sure though, that we will be adding a variety of monsters from all games in though. Well, from the classic anyway, but I'm not sure.
Atlinsmere

Postby Celeith » Mon Jul 19, '10, 11:33 pm

I'm back and ready for action.. Well not really but I'm ready to begin working on the project again. Anyways we got alot of work cut out for us, mostly in every aspect of the game. We got the basics done for the time being, other then Atlin remapping for me after I create the originals, we have a whole new world and story waiting for you guys.

The project isn't a hush hush project, but there are a few things I won't explain out in the open just because to keep the mystery of the game a secret. But I can let everyone know that the project is up and running and will not become a graveyard game. I have the battle system worked out how I want it, I just gotta do a bit of editing for the monsters and we'll be good to go on that.

Character sprites, I'm gonna say are at 25% right now, only because I want to make the game feel more old school and keep the sprites closer to their originals. Storyline is 100% complete but thats something only I'm able to view for the time being. As soon as we complete the maps I can begin installing the story. Other then a few things that I don't want to spoil, thats pretty much what I wanted to say..
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Xander » Mon Jul 19, '10, 11:42 pm

Yowza! This is looking good guys. I'm certainly looking forward to what you'll be bringing to PS III with this one. :)
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More