Phantasy Star III: Siren

A new Phantasy Star image added to the site three days a week!

Phantasy Star III: Siren

Postby Thoul » Sat Feb 27, '10, 12:09 am

In the ancient war between Orakio and Laya, Siren was one of Orakio's android generals. He was imprisoned on the moon Azura for 1000 years following the disappearance of his leader and enemy. For that entire time, he blamed Laya for this confinement. Plotting revenge and building an army of dangerous androids, the flame haired menace waits for a chance to strike back, never realizing that it was Orakio who sent him into exile to protect future generations.

Following in the footsteps pioneered by Phantasy Star II, Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom gave each playable character an individual head shot portrait to make them more recognizable to players. This was especially vital for this game, which tended to use the same set of graphics for several characters with slight color changes. Unlike the similar pictures of Nei and friends, however, these portraits were used for speech in important story scenes and the standard character menu. The previous game restricted the portrait availability to Rolf's house, but this one allowed the players to see the characters at any time they were available for play.

You may view the gallery page for Siren. This image can also be selected as an avatar from the galleries on the avatar tab of the Member Control Panel.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Phantasy Star III: Siren

Postby Tanith » Sat Feb 27, '10, 5:22 am

I kind of wish they had spelled Siren's name differently. When I think of sirens I think of the sirens of Greek mythology, which were all female. I think I saw Siren's name spelled Searrln somewhere, which is all kinds of awkward. Psy-Wren would be fine, though.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Thoul » Sat Feb 27, '10, 6:12 pm

I agree, the translators made a poor choice in the spelling of Siren's name. It really stands out in a serious that is filled with so many other references to Greek myths.

His bright red hair always makes me think of a police siren when I see this picture, though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Aug 25, '19, 9:55 pm

Bumping up this former Image Of The Day!

Siren!
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Tue Nov 9, '21, 12:32 pm

Shiren/Siren the great ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master