Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 

Lyle & Maia

Lyle & Maia

View Gallery Page

PostPosted: Sat Apr 9, '11, 12:01 am 
This alternate vision of Lyle's rescue of Maia comes from the mind of Toyo Ozaki, the chief character designer for Phantasy Star III. In the game, the amnesiac Maia is kidnapped from her wedding to Prince Rhys of Landen by a dragon with a monstrous appearance. The player later learns that this dragon was actually her cousin Lyle, who commands the powers of a Dragon Knight. Aside from this drawing, we were never presented with an opportunity to see Lyle in the middle of his transformation between his dragon and human forms. The source of this great power is a mystery never revealed. Woe be to any who would try to take Maia from this mighty mage.

Last edited by Thoul on Tue Apr 12, '11, 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 9, '11, 8:13 am 
Awesome picture!!!!! :)

The transformation part is very well done, and the look on his face sure seems a warning not to mess with him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, '11, 1:19 pm 
Quote:This alternate vision of Lyle's rescue of Maia comes from the mind of Toyo Ozaki, the chief character designer for Phantasy Star III. (...) Aside from this drawing, we were never presented with an opportunity to see Lyle in the middle of his transformation from human to dragon.

I never saw this picture showing Lyle in the middle of transformation from human to dragon, in the church (Landen); but instead, showing us Lyle in the middle of transformation from dragon to human in Aquatica (in the castle where he drops Maia).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, '11, 3:23 pm 
Yeah, I'd consider that happened when he was returning Maia to Cille.

Anyway, it is awesome. It has Maia, which is already awesome, and the drawing is excellent.

Is it just me or Lyle's hand is a bit "smarty" on his cousin? :p

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, '11, 3:13 am 
I love this pic so much. Definitely my favorite piece of Toyo Ozaki art. The look on Lyle's face seems much more than genuinely protective of a member of his family. To me this really adds believability to the theory that they may have been engaged.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, '11, 2:18 pm 
Tanith wrote:I love this pic so much. Definitely my favorite piece of Toyo Ozaki art. The look on Lyle's face seems much more than genuinely protective of a member of his family. To me this really adds believability to the theory that they may have been engaged.

And, most probably as with Rhys, Maia didn't know that. It was not easy to be a prince/princess in Alisa III :p

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, '11, 4:34 pm 
newsblade wrote:I never saw this picture showing Lyle in the middle of transformation from human to dragon, in the church (Landen); but instead, showing us Lyle in the middle of transformation from dragon to human in Aquatica (in the castle where he drops Maia).

That does make more sense. I've edited the description to reflect that. Thanks. :)

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]