Phantasy Star III Hint Book

Explore the Alisa III as it travels the stars.

Phantasy Star III Hint Book

Postby Thoul » Tue May 12, '09, 11:53 pm

Over at GameFAQs, someone posted scans of the Phantasy Star III Hint Book published by Sega back in the days of the Genesis release. If you're interested, get it while you can here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WZ3CSYZ0

It's mostly the standard stuff you'd expect from a strategy guide: a walkthrough with screen shots, store lists, enemy pictures, maps, and so on. It has some neat pieces of Rhys and Maia art I've never seen elsewhere. I might add them to the galleries here in the future.

The enemy lists are very basic (just name, picture, and location), but one interesting thing is that the guide lists Twistbot, Rotabot, and Swivlbot, who are supposed to be missing from the game. Twistbot is given a location of Elysium, while the other two are listed as appearing in Mystoke Castle.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Phantasy Star III Hint Book

Postby Rune_Walsh » Wed May 13, '09, 8:52 pm

That's pretty sweet, Thoul. I haven't downloaded it yet but definitely will, for the sake of the pictures. A walkthrough of PS III isn't exactly needed. :twisted:
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby hugues » Fri May 15, '09, 12:14 am

Interesting - in the GBA version all three appear in Mystoke like crazy. I've tried on the Genesis version and never encountered them, guess I'll give it another try.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Thoul » Fri May 15, '09, 1:28 am

Rune_Walsh wrote:I haven't downloaded it yet but definitely will, for the sake of the pictures. A walkthrough of PS III isn't exactly needed. :twisted:

Yeah, I mainly got for the pics, too. There are plenty of easier walkthroughs to get, to be sure. I had been thinking of trying to buy it and scan it myself, but there's a lot less art in it than I was hoping.

hugues wrote:Interesting - in the GBA version all three appear in Mystoke like crazy. I've tried on the Genesis version and never encountered them, guess I'll give it another try.

I'm wondering if maybe the guide was based on a beta version of the game. Since it has pictures, they must have been enabled to appear at some point.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby ThugsRook » Sun May 17, '09, 5:07 am

the regular manual can downloaded from here in pdf format...

http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.6677
ThugsRook
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 15

Return to Phantasy Star III