Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 

Hole Worm

Hole Worm

View Gallery Page

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, '11, 12:00 am 
While Anna pursues the elusive criminal she has been hired to capture, she finds herself crossing an area where the ground is covered with cracks and gaps. Her travel is slowed when tentacles rise from below, signaling the appearance of the Hole Worm. This strange underground creature attempts to grasp the brave Hunter, but is soon forced to retreat below the surface when she retaliates.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, '11, 12:49 am 
Interesting, they seem as though they should be an aquatic enemy. A similar looking enemy does appear in Phantasy Star Portable 2.

I highly doubt that Sega used the original Hole Worm for a reference, but they look so similar.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, '11, 2:36 am 
That does look a lot like the same thing, doesn't it? I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that someone at Sega was looking through old design documents and thought this would be a neat thing to reuse.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, '11, 11:59 am 
I had a hard time with Anna's text adventure (well, as hard a time as one can have with these text adventures; they're actually not that hard) because of all the enemies she encounters. Unlike many of the other games, where oftentimes you can avoid battles just by using your wits, there were no special tricks in Anna's game. In honesty, it suits her no-nonsense character.

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]