Phantasy Star II Text Adventures: Drill Mole

A new Phantasy Star image added to the site three days a week!

Drill Mole

Drill Mole

View Gallery Page

Phantasy Star II Text Adventures: Drill Mole

Postby Thoul » Sun Oct 2, '11, 12:13 am

This fearsome beast is the Drill Mole, an unusual biomonster that wrecked havoc in the Motavian countryside. Most biomonsters are solely the products of genetic engineering, but this one seems to have resulted from some cybernetic experiments as well. Claws tipped in steel and a mechanical drill device attached to the mole's forehead give it remarkable power. The Drill Mole was one of the deadliest and most brazen of the monsters roaming Motavia. Most of them remain outside the borders of towns, but the Drill Mole is known to have wiped out at least one village entirely. Unfortunately for the monster, Rudo's wife and child were among the victims there. In this scene, Rudo has finally succeeded in tracking the creature back to a treasure filled nest.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Phantasy Star II Text Adventures: Drill Mole

Postby newsblade » Sun Oct 2, '11, 6:37 pm

Maybe Myew androids had the same mix of cybernetic experiments with some genetic engineering. To me, they look like a cybernetic biomonster (an android version of Nei or Myaw).

ImageImage
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Lucas » Mon Oct 3, '11, 10:05 am

Mole enemies also appear in PSIV from memory. Moles also made an appearence in PS0 on the DS but they had a very long nose that looked flower shaped at the end.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Thoul » Wed Oct 5, '11, 6:27 pm

newsblade wrote:Maybe Myew androids had the same mix of cybernetic experiments with some genetic engineering. To me, they look like a cybernetic biomonster (an android version of Nei or Myaw)

I'd say that's possible. There were some cat-woman hybrid biomonsters in PSIII and Mieu certainly has some cat like qualities. The Mieu style androids could be an attempt to replicate or convert those cat-woman hybrids.

Lucas wrote:Mole enemies also appear in PSIV from memory. Moles also made an appearence in PS0 on the DS but they had a very long nose that looked flower shaped at the end.

I had forgotten the ones in PSIV, so I had to go check and see if they looked anything like this. :lol: For a moment I was wondering if the Drill Mole inspired something in PSIV as happened Hugh's adventure game. But it turns out the moles aren't very similar, other than being moles. They look smaller and don't have anything on the head or nose. :(
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Aug 18, '21, 1:05 am

Bumping up this former Image Of The Day!

A biomonster! The Drill Mole, a deadly monster!

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Fri Sep 10, '21, 12:10 pm

A very nice drill mole ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209