Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, '08, 6:51 am 
It'll be on the Japanese Virtual Console on the 29th. Hopefully that means other regions will get it soon as well.

Last edited by Shinuzzo on Mon Feb 18, '08, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, '08, 1:14 pm 
Well, it's definitely about time! Hopefully the other games will follow soon after, too. It would be great if they'd put all four of the classics on there. I don't know if the VC supports Master System games, but hopefully the Genesis version of PSI could be used if nothing else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, '08, 8:24 pm 
Master System games being on the VC was confirmed by Sega recently so that's one problem out of the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, '08, 12:10 am 
I considered it a given that all four PS games would eventually appear on the Virtual Console. They may wait until the Sega Genesis Collection for Playstation 2 is out of circulation since it's a much, much better deal than paying $7-$10 for each individual game. I've always thought it was a matter of "when" and not "if".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, '08, 12:36 am 
That's a good point. I'm sure Nintendo wants to delay the releases of some games, to extend the lifespan of the VC. It makes sense that the PS games might be released over a period of several months or more.

I do find it interesting that once again, PSII is the first game from the series to be re-released. It must be hugely popular in Japan, because they Sega always goes to PSII before the others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, '08, 5:15 am 
Well, that's sort of silly. And I base this on the fact that it would make more sense to release Phantasy Star I before II, to avoid noobs from being overly confused.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, '08, 5:45 am 
Thoul wrote:That's a good point. I'm sure Nintendo wants to delay the releases of some games, to extend the lifespan of the VC. It makes sense that the PS games might be released over a period of several months or more.

I do find it interesting that once again, PSII is the first game from the series to be re-released. It must be hugely popular in Japan, because they Sega always goes to PSII before the others.

Well, it is the Phantasy Star game that's had the most ports.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, '08, 6:48 pm 
Now you can have PS II on another system, It was released on the Virtual Console today in North America.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, '08, 7:09 pm 
Any word on them putting the other three on there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, '08, 12:29 am 
Just bought it and ran through the first few minutes. Incidentally, the Wii Shop Channel refers to Rolf as Rolf (as do the screenshots- if I remember right, the screenshot of PSII from the back of Fatal Labyrinth's manual called Rolf "Hall" instead.)

No updated translation at all, though Nintendo did remove the green crosses from the hospitals and make them green Hs instead. So I guess this means Rolf sees the H, says "Hey, free hentai!" and strolls on in.

Sound effects are spot-on (at least compared to the Genesis ROM), so no more metallic "CLANG~!" when I buy something. Instead, a nice delicate "Ting! ^_^" accompanies my purchases.

And everyone still shouts Rolf's name. This was still worth eight bucks.

Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next